Ultimate Subaru Message Board

SE WI, Milwaukee Regional/Subaru Alliance

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Y'all,

Met some of you over at Dirty Imprezza. Nice to see the Badger-Force building over here too.

My BRAT looks a lot like my avatar, color and GL and all. It's in storage until May. I've had it there year-round for the past couple of years, but am planning to take it out this summer. Maybe do something with new tires and or wheels. The RWL GT/Radials on it now are too narrow, so I was thinking about wider, more aggressive tread and found how hard it is to have choice in 13" tires. Prob'ly Coopers, if I do it.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to meeting you cats this year. So keep your eyes peeled for my '85 Marina Blue BRAT.

Awesome, you should totally check out this years Don Miller Subaru Show in June. We will be there again.

As for 13" tires, they are becoming obsolet. You could always get a set of 14" Pugs, mount some wider more aggressive tires on them, and then keep the 13"s for show-off/original purposes.

Hey Y'all,

Met some of you over at Dirty Imprezza. Nice to see the Badger-Force building over here too.

My BRAT looks a lot like my avatar, color and GL and all. It's in storage until May. I've had it there year-round for the past couple of years, but am planning to take it out this summer. Maybe do something with new tires and or wheels. The RWL GT/Radials on it now are too narrow, so I was thinking about wider, more aggressive tread and found how hard it is to have choice in 13" tires. Prob'ly Coopers, if I do it.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to meeting you cats this year. So keep your eyes peeled for my '85 Marina Blue BRAT.

"I don't like the way you choke, so I downstroke... Yeah, yeah ehh. I downstroke.

Don't want to blast it in ya face, nor do I do all over da place, ehh ehh yeah, so I downstroke, yeah b*tch, I downstroke. I beat my meat in the mist of the heat cause MPDs got nothing on me, U-hauls haulin' that car with ease, pullin' my Subaru behind the GMC passin' the DMV cause its easy, yeah, SO EEEZ....

Flogging some molly outta my carburetor, ain't got time now B*tch, see ya lata..!"

"I don't like the way you choke, so I downstroke... Yeah, yeah ehh. I downstroke.

Don't want to blast it in ya face, nor do I do all over da place, ehh ehh yeah, so I downstroke, yeah b*tch, I downstroke. I beat my meat in the mist of the heat cause MPDs got nothing on me, U-hauls haulin' that car with ease, pullin' my Subaru behind the GMC passin' the DMV cause its easy, yeah, SO EEEZ....

Flogging some molly outta my carburetor, ain't got time now B*tch, see ya lata..!"

Lay off the drugs dude.

Anyway, Saturday, April 2nd and maybe Sunday the 3rd: head gaskets, timing kit, water pump, and transfer clutch replacement at my house on "Crazy Lori" (1995 Legacy Wagon).

Think of the stuff I could come up with if I were on drugs. :-p

I'll be there, what time we doing this? I figure if we can start on it about 10am we can have all that stuff done in a few hours. I will bring my haynes and chilton, to look up torque specs (its like 46ft. lbs and no more then 50ft.lbs) and tightening sequnces for the head bolts.

Do i even wanna know how many message boards you posted that on?

thats probably the kinda stuff that'll get this thread closed up, just sayin.:grin:

• 2 weeks later...

The xt6 is cut into about 4 pieces, all of the driveline is out, i am going to load it on the trailer to hold it, or go to the junkyard, whichever is most convenient.

I am looking to go tho the junkyards and search out a obdII ej motor with trans, from 95-98 forester, legacy, outback, MT, 2.2 or 2.5, 3.9 or 4.11(with rear diff)

I would like to do this next weekend if we can campaign for a junkyard day. I should see what sturtevant's has to offer. i can get my motor and trans for 500 or 300 for one or the other. for that price take everything from the car that is relative to these parts

The xt6 is cut into about 4 pieces, all of the driveline is out, i am going to load it on the trailer to hold it, or go to the junkyard, whichever is most convenient.

I am looking to go tho the junkyards and search out a obdII ej motor with trans, from 95-98 forester, legacy, outback, MT, 2.2 or 2.5, 3.9 or 4.11(with rear diff)

I would like to do this next weekend if we can campaign for a junkyard day. I should see what sturtevant's has to offer. i can get my motor and trans for 500 or 300 for one or the other. for that price take everything from the car that is relative to these parts

Miles,

I have an early 2.2 dual port motor, a 1991 I believe, with 4EAT with 4.11 gear ratio. I know it is OBDI, but I have the intake off an OBDII 2.2 so the connectors should work. I also have the driver side head with EGR port and the EGR tube to make it all correct. The trans has already had the mechanical speedometer cable drive replaced with a speed sensor, so it should be good to go. I bought the combo for $300 and have another $100 invested in the OBDII intake and EGR ported head. I'll give it all up for $350 assuming my 1995 Subaru Legacy engine is okay now that we replaced the head gaskets.

SOLD. i will make arrangements to come get by this weekend. hopefully the GMC is up to the task, otherwise i will have to ask tom to use his hitch with a trailer rental.

this will work for me, the trans will go in the brat, and i will use the motor in my 3door, and i already have an obd2 harness from a 95.

whoops, i did not know this was a 4eat. i was assuming a 5spd for some reason. I still need the engine myself, but i need a trans to supplememt desmond while i use the xt6 trans

Tell Desmond to stop buying cars, and buy the parts needed for the one. Did he really need a Fiat for a track car? Bust your rump roast on the Brat, and take that to Road America before the Grassroots event.

• 2 weeks later...