Ultimate Subaru Message Board

this makes sense except.. I have no hub tamer and they either cost 500$ or the 80$ one from harbor freight sounds... well interesting, and I'm frankly worried about spending that 80$ and either breaking it or it nor working.. cause I don't know much about it :P

by the way what does the Orange square with an arrow mean on link to a thread?

Listen AMR9000 person. He already put you thru the process. Others have delivered beyond the wealth of info Already in storage here. It's like it happened yesterday except when they hadn't explained the same thing over and over.

Wait now . I'm not in any position to cut You down. This whole deal is about help. It's like one doesn't recommend you buy a huge set or a gearpuller if you haven't the experience with these more different. Believe me there different beyond. I don't know or remember your circumstance. It would be a visual and mental treat for you to present this situation to a machine shop_-Knowing what you know and how they will apply what they already know and have on hand. You would be amazed about the talent that is there. There are some hurting for work and last thing would be to mess U up.

this makes sense except.. I have no hub tamer and they either cost 500$ or the 80$ one from harbor freight sounds... well interesting, and I'm frankly worried about spending that 80$ and either breaking it or it nor working.. cause I don't know much about it :P

Unlikley that you would be able to break the HF version. It's built like a tank and heavy like one too. The best way to figure out it's use is to look up the instruction manual for a hub-tamer or hub-shark and work from those instructions. The HF version is similar. With enough reading and puzzleing it out you can make it do the job. If anything you might have to have someone with a press remove the outer cone from the hub once it's apart but that should be $10 or less at a machine shop. Hell I would do it for free if you were around here.

GD

Listen AMR9000 person. He already put you thru the process. Others have delivered beyond the wealth of info Already in storage here. It's like it happened yesterday except when they hadn't explained the same thing over and over.

Wait now . I'm not in any position to cut You down. This whole deal is about help. It's like one doesn't recommend you buy a huge set or a gearpuller if you haven't the experience with these more different. Believe me there different beyond. I don't know or remember your circumstance. It would be a visual and mental treat for you to present this situation to a machine shop_-Knowing what you know and how they will apply what they already know and have on hand. You would be amazed about the talent that is there. There are some hurting for work and last thing would be to mess U up.

you know What Fuzpile! I'm a fricken 16 year old that just spent two grand on a car and parts based on Everyones opinion But mine because All I know is how some stuff works.. not what's best to do and currently.. I have NiNe dollars and I'm not about to WAste anything I get besides those nine dollars so I'd Like to Make SURE I know what I'm doing, eSpecially in these times, so I don't F**K myself over..

I'm sorry I'm not the Brightest, to those dealing with my apparent stupidity, but you don't have to help me if you don't want to...

So to gd, thank you for the link I couldn't find one, that looks awesome except where is the giant bit that holds onto something to push against the bearing..? or did I just forget something..

>.<

AMR9000. I responded to this hours ago only to find it's not updated. It was a fair long response about where I come out like an rump roast and expecting you to know everything about every puller. It was very apologetic in that I didn't realise (or forgot) your situation. I have no problem expressing my regret for the way you took my earlier reply.

I believe you come out looking Very bright and many other good qualities. Plz do not think that everyone else here would have lambasted you for not reading every thing. I didn't realise the entire situation. Your maturity in Not comitting this amount $$ for may be a One-time job makes sense as does understanding the process before beginning.

I'm sure it's been mentioned; any store like Advanced, AutoZ, Napa who has loaner tools and from whom you've bought parts or have credit would loan these out. The directions then would be clear copies for that particular tool.

Edited by Fuzpile

I was using the kent moore one at the dealer and never had one it wouldn't remove. Its all in the size of the impact gun and air supplied to it as well though. I would bet a cheap impact, or anything less than a 25-35 gal compressor of typical CFM ratings, etc would not remove all of them.

Probably this has been mentioned but a "porta-power" could be used. The back fixture that goes around the rotor would be about the same. The outside would be different design to etc. Some of these little piston attachments Pull.

-a chicken in every pot, a lathe in every kitchen :)

thanka john

shawn I'm not sure how big my compressor is but I use my impact for anything the breaker bar just can't touch

fuzpile, I thought porta power was a lift or.. metal.. bending machine..? what're you suggesting exactly

• 2 months later...