Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '92 Loyale: Safariwagon

TheLoyale

Nope, never had an issue with mine, but I know a fellow member with an '83 Brat had trouble. He called and got it worked out though :)

Yeah I just called today. Can't wait to for them to get here. Is it a peel and stick deal, pretty durable, won't come off in a carwash?

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone ever had a poorly built EMPI? The one I bought to replace the driver side axle with is now starting to knock a little during turning/acceleration.

I replaced the passenger side axle with an EMPI which is still nice.

The two things I noticed about the 2nd axle I bought was, the Shaft was a smaller diameter, and the CVJ was very stiff (Like they put assy oil in it with no grease)

Anybody else had this issue?

Since I started this thread way after I did a lot of stuff to the car, here is what the rear quarters used to look like long before I even touched them.

2008_0414Test0005.jpg

2008_0414Test0006.jpg

Rot.jpg

Here is when I was in the process of POR-15ing the entire underside (Which has been done for the past 3 years, Still looks great, rock solid.

Jackpointframe.jpg

Uniframe.jpg

The Genuine Reman Starter.

2008_0912Test0003.jpg

2008_0912Test0001.jpg

The Peugeots right after I got them from McBrat.

2009_0501Test0011.jpg

2009_0501Test0012.jpg

2009_0501Test0009.jpg

2009_0501Test0010.jpg

After $300 of Power-coating.

2009_0507Test0002.jpg

2009_0507Test0004.jpg

2009_0507Test0003.jpg

The 2" SJR.

2009_0619Test0002.jpg

2009_0628Test0015.jpg

2009_0709Test0007.jpg

2009_0711Test0005.jpg

The Spare.

2009_1216Test0001.jpg

New Radiator, Waterpump, Seals and ATF Cooling lines. (2009)

2010_0111Test0002.jpg

After $300 of Power-coating.

2009_0507Test0002.jpg

The Spare.

2009_1216Test0001.jpg

Just curious, was there a reason why you didn't get a matching wheel for the spare, and have it powder coated white with the rest?

I've always liked cars with matching full-size spares and identical tires... because when you have a flat and change it, then get the flat repaired, you can just toss the repaired tire back in the car without having to pull the "spare" back off again...

But I've also read that some people like having a spare which is different, as it "reminds" them that they need to get their flat fixed. ;)

Thanks for posting the "before" pictures, by the way. Gives some hope to those of us with rusty cars. :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Happy Birthday Tom. I understand why you put it away because you worked hard to tackle the rust and make it look good as new. But its just a crying shame to see a subaru put away for the winter.

No it's not! You wouldn't be saying that about an FF or something. I understand not wanting to rust it up!! But.... being put away for the winter gives you good opportunity to do a 5speed swap :D

Happy birthday :D

Happy Birthday Tom!!

yeah, it is kinda sad to see a 'Ru parked for the winter, since that is when they shine best - BUT - considering all the work to repair the rust on this particular car - i completely understand why it is getting put away.

And besides, he does still have the Trashwagon to play in the snow with! :D

(You do still have it, dont you, Tom??)

But its just a crying shame to see a subaru put away for the winter.

I don´t think so. My former 89 Leone Touring Wagon was put away for winter in a garage and my Turismo-project will never see winter again in its coming life. Winter is responsible for the older Subarus becoming extinct and I want to keep mine for longer than just one or two winters... :brow: