Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '92 Loyale: Safariwagon

TheLoyale

• 3 weeks later...
we would be happy to get one like that, yet they crush the nice straight ones out west.

Indeed, last clean examples of these cars are either being crushed because it is a 30yr old car OR some teen gets his hands on it, Bajas it cause he thinks its a Rally car and then junks it cause the 30yr old gearbox quit. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Just had to wax it this evening, a dude in a Corolla gave me a thumbs up at the petrol station!

I think another restoration will need to happen sometime, I need a new rear gate, and two rear door (Rust Free and no dents) Ah, someday.

I also changed the oil today, all ready to drive down to IL tomorrow and Saturday!

2012_0405AN.jpg

2012_0405AL.jpg

2012_0405AB.jpg

What is your lift/tire-size combo, if you don't mind? I want to lift mine a bit, but the tiny stock tires (I have 14" snows on it right now, not technically stock) I have on it right now look small; I can't even imagine what it would look like with a 2" lift. I also don't want the ginormous offroad-worthy tires that are half the size of the whole car.

I like the way the lift and size combine in your pics, while obviously not stock it looks 'right', if that makes sense. Balanced is maybe a better word. It just looks nice :).

Looks like you did some trimming to the wheel wells though?

Front fenders are the only thing that needed to be trimmed. I did that before I have the fenders repainted. The rear wheel wells will clear, mine just rotted away before I got the car, so oops. zzz