Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '92 Loyale: Safariwagon

TheLoyale

Gave the old girl a workout today going down to IL. I used the downgrade to my advantage, once I got up to 80mph it held up there pretty easy all the way back (Even on upgrades) The car felt more alive once I got into town, sure does 55mph a lot easier and quicker. Needed the old Italian Tune-up!

0407121452a.jpg

have you ever checked it vs a GPS or anything? with my setup, when my speedo says 65, im going 75, i would bet that if you are sittin at 75, your probably lookin like 85 or so. or were your tires less dia than mine??

have you ever checked it vs a GPS or anything? with my setup, when my speedo says 65, im going 75, i would bet that if you are sittin at 75, your probably lookin like 85 or so. or were your tires less dia than mine??

Mine are actually slightly bigger then yours (Thats what she said) (My Spare Grabber is a little smaller then the Bighorns)

I checked my speed via Speed radar on the side of the road, but god only knows how accurate that really is lol...

I checked my speed via Speed radar on the side of the road, but god only knows how accurate that really is lol...

I'd say those are pretty good. Every one of those I pass always show the same ~3mph slower speed then my speedo does. I'd say they are pretty good to within a mile/hr or two

Mine are actually slightly bigger then yours (Thats what she said) (My Spare Grabber is a little smaller then the Bighorns)

hmm, yeah, if they are larger than mine, you should be seeing a slightly higher spread between the speedo and actual speed.

i would hope the speed radar on the side of the road is correct, although, it wouldnt suprise me if they set it offset a couple of mph to make ya double check.

this is true, no one actually goes 65 on the hwy. haha.

Which is why I pushed my car up to 4500rpm and started passing the people whom passed me Lol! I can't imagine what it sounded like as I passed them.

Although, this car is not squirrly with these heavier wider tires! :burnout:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Would these fit on 14" pugs? http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=All-Terrain+T%2FA+KO&sidewall=Raised%20White%20Letters&partnum=975R4ARAKORWL&tab=Specs

the 195/75 r14? and witha 26" sidewall I wouldnt need to cut or trim right?

They will fit the rim fine, you will still need to trim the front fenders to allow for turning clearance.

They will fit the rim fine, you will still need to trim the front fenders to allow for turning clearance.

Well then might as well get the bighorns.

saving up to get big horns, 14" wheels, and a boss 2" lift.

How hard is it to cut the fenders?

Well then might as well get the bighorns.

saving up to get big horns, 14" wheels, and a boss 2" lift.

How hard is it to cut the fenders?

Get a thin metal cut-off disc for an Angle grinder, or air cut-off tool, You want a thin disc, so you remove as little material during cutting.

It is very easy, if you take your time and have a steady hand. Draw a line on the fender where you want to trim, then score it with the cutting disc first, then make the final cut.

You will need to repaint the area you are cutting, because the paint will bubble due to the excessive heat.