Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '92 Loyale: Safariwagon

TheLoyale

http://www.amazon.com/3M-Schutz-Rubberized-Coating-Black/dp/B000PEQGMM

(requires a gun... but well worth it.)

this is really great stuff. goes on just as good as the oem....

I remember when I did a couple of these... I went sofar as

getting rid of that stupid rubber trim on all the wheel wells

and I bondoed up the holes that held on the rubber trim...

after shooting the whole bottom and wheel wells I put a

piece of masking tape halfway in (where the rubber trim

used to be) and sprayed a fake rubber trim with this stuff.

there is also a product called "rocker schutz" which I believe

is paintable... and is what is on the subies rockers....

I usually just scrape this stuff off clean... and then paint

the rocker with out it.... but you can by rocker shutz......

Also another goodie... is 3m window weld...

http://www3.3m.com/catalog/us/en001/home_leisure/-/node_GS51JKDTTHgs/root_GS2MT8MCQBgv/vroot_BWFLZ648DFge/bgel_PNC6H0CVTWbl/gvel_V81136SWNHgl/theme_us_chimpartnersupport_3_0/command_AbcPageHandler/output_html

it is a little pricey but fills holes pretty good..... or spots where you can

weld rivet with this between the metal...(it aint going nowhere)

(where gloves don't get this junk on you.. don't come off....

as bad as pur-15 as a skin clinger

I almost lost my subie... the wheel wells rotted out... and

the struts popped through....... make sure you wash then

out good... there are too many nooks and crannies in there....

AND my subie is in the Hospice right now... the lower

piece of the rear suspension rotted out .

the tube the trailing arms are connected to............

run a ton of water through there(the tube)

If you want to keep you car as long as you can...

got to fight against the rust with preventative....

measures........

Good Luck!

Awesome project. Keep the vids comin. :D I might have to try these tricks on my new Loyale if I don't deem her too far gone to bother. :rolleyes: lol

Where do you get that awesome techno music that is always in the background of your videos?

As for techno - I've got hours upon hours of it. So if you'd like a tune or two (or 30 :-p) PM me your email and I'll send ya some. :banana:

Awesome project. Keep the vids comin. :D I might have to try these tricks on my new Loyale if I don't deem her too far gone to bother. :rolleyes: lol

As for techno - I've got hours upon hours of it. So if you'd like a tune or two (or 30 :-p) PM me your email and I'll send ya some. :banana:

Its awesome your also into Trance/Techno :banana:

Here are some pictures. I have been slow at getting pictures up. And I am also gathering footage for another video. So stay tuned!

New Valance All thanks to Marc and JoAnne up in Marshfeild! Mad props goes to you guys and I'm glad I met ya, JoAnne, your a blast! :banana:

Valance003.jpg

Valance002.jpg

Valance022.jpg

Made In Taiwan? Lol.

Valance024.jpg

I really made progress today, I fixed the driver side frame corner and POR'ed it. And I also fixed the broken welded nut which holds the lower bolt on the hoodlatch support, So I was then able to put the valance on and get it all buttoned up. Only thing I have left to do would be, putting the fenders back on ansd buy 3 or 4 more stainless bolts/washers as I don't have enough.

I also got a lot of footage today and some pictures. I will try to get more pics tomorrow.

Cheers all!

Last night I got my new valance thanks to Marc and JoAnne up in Marshfeild! JoAnne is a blast to talk to and has some interesting stories :grin:

Hope you made the trip to Michigan with ease.

Cheers!

Yur welcome - glad to "help out". :grin:

trip TO michigan went fine - it is what happened after I got there that kind of sucked! popped a brake line on the ol dodge! :eek: for the front brakes of course! :mad:

but didnt take too long to fix and trip home went pretty well, too. just dog tired right now...pulled an all nighter to avoid traffic & get home. oh, and we think we might have a wheel bearing starting to go on the dodge now... :rolleyes: where's my Subaru?!?! LOL

ok, so when do we get to see the pics of that super duper taiwanese front valance installed??????? Hmmmm??? I'm waiting.... :lol:

Yur welcome - glad to "help out". :grin:

trip TO michigan went fine - it is what happened after I got there that kind of sucked! popped a brake line on the ol dodge! :eek: for the front brakes of course! :mad:

but didnt take too long to fix and trip home went pretty well, too. just dog tired right now...pulled an all nighter to avoid traffic & get home. oh, and we think we might have a wheel bearing starting to go on the dodge now... :rolleyes: where's my Subaru?!?! LOL

ok, so when do we get to see the pics of that super duper taiwanese front valance installed??????? Hmmmm??? I'm waiting.... :lol:

Oh no! Damn dirty brake-lines! (Like Damn Dirty Apes)

I got the car all put together today, and looks awesome! I have some pictures which I need to upload and I have a new video on youtube which I'll post here. Next step is to take the car over to the paint shop and have then wet sand the inperfections out.

Happy I get to drive it tonight!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaBl_Lwvw-U