Ultimate Subaru Message Board

King Springs on a 92 loyale 4WD wagon. Alignment?

Ive got a 92 loyale 4WD wagon and my shocks are worn out. I have replaced shocks in previous loyales with new Monroes (kept the stock springs) and I was not overly satisfied with the results. This combination is still pretty mushy in the corners, especially with several people or lots of gear in the car.

I am considering a set of King Springs from Primitive racing, and I am wondering if the standard height springs will make too much positive camber in the front tires for daily driver use. I would be ordering the standard height springs, which still lift the car "slightly." I wouldn't be worried except the EA82s already have a lot of positive camber in the front.

I know there has been lots of research with other springs and suspension for EA82s. I also know that a loyale is never going to handle that great.

I am looking for some sort of improvement, and as long as I dont burn through tires I will be happy.

Thanks

Its not only the positive camber in the front that can eat tires. These cars also run a lot of negative toe as well which isn't good for handling, just to help prevent the wear of tires. Now if you run a positive camber with zero toe, then yes, you'll get outside edgewear. Are you in North Bend, WA? I work over in Kirkland at Clark's Wheel Alignment and guess what I specialize in....:banana: