Ultimate Subaru Message Board

BRAT Meet 2011 Planning

Oh ok, I am picking up what your throwin down. :grin: I dont know if I am going to be in Little Naches for M-day this year or not... But if by chance I am... and we do have the BRAT meet that weekend I will do my best to try and make it up for one day atleast!!!! :rolleyes:

I think memorial weekend gives us the elbow room we need.

The weekend is long enough to do more than just a Brat meet. I have a group of climbers that go to leavenworth every year for memorial to kick off the season. And since ive been driving my Brat around town ive had several random people saying i should head up to funny rocks for memorial.

I plan to do all the above throughout the weekend :banana:

I think memorial weekend gives us the elbow room we need.

The weekend is long enough to do more than just a Brat meet. I have a group of climbers that go to leavenworth every year for memorial to kick off the season. And since ive been driving my Brat around town ive had several random people saying i should head up to funny rocks for memorial.

I plan to do all the above throughout the weekend :banana:

Bad play on words here. Because that will be lacking if we plan on being at the lake during that weekend :-\

Not trying to be debbie downer here, just reality. I'm not sure I'm going to be camping, but for those that are, getting a site is going to be tough during that weekend. Plus it looks like a few of us have other plans for MemDay weekend.

I say we shoot for the weekend after.

Edited by Turbone

Update on camping options

8 mile groupsite might be our best option if we are doing leavenworth. It is in the icicle creek canyon. Although things might be complicated due to nature, there was recently a huge mudslide just up canyon from 8 mile. I dont know if that affects that camp ground but i do know that the other places to camp further up icicle creek are now unreachable.

8 mile would suffice for campers, you do have to pay and it may be busy but its something. There is always the option of going primitive like last year, but i do not know where you can do that around leavenworth. Climbers like to try and camp in icicle creek canyon near the boulders and such, but the rangers do check and they do kick you out. I will try to look at other options.

As far as date

I myself am getting pretty booked up for the weekends near memorial day. M day weekend is the only thing that can and will stay open for me. I know that it is nearly impossible to accommodate everyone, so we just got to go with it. It worked out well last year, there was a better turnout than i could have ever hoped for. So lets give it another shot.

Memorial day weekend, sunday will be the main get together. Cruise from leavenworth out to lake wenatchee and have a bbq, eat some food, chat, show off our awesome subaru brats, then do as you please (watch people roll at funny rocks? :grin:).

Last year was tons of fun and overall a success in my view, so lets do it again. What do ya say?

-Andy

Sounds good.

What if tried to reserve a spot at Leavenworth for campers.

Is the BBQ potluck style, or are we eating at a BBQ joint?

Is there going to be enough space at the lake for us all to park "suby style" :banana:

Lets go for bbq potluck style. We can do burgers, dogs, BRATwurst :brow: and whatever else sounds good

I personally have never been to lake wenatchee, but it looks like there is space. I know for sure i will be in leavenworth a couple times before the meet so i can go check it out.

And ill do some research on camping and get more info on what options we have.

-Andy

Isnt 8 Mile and Icicle Creek where the fires were last year?

Last year there were fires closer to cashmere, back in 94 or 95 there was a huge fire that swept through icicle creek canyon and cleared a ton of trees on the south south side of the canyon

OK so I know we are tentatively planning this for Leavenworth. But to tell you the truth I am a little nervous about Leavenworth on M-Day weekend. If all of you feel like we will have a place to sleep, show, and drive and what ever else, then cool.

What about just camping on the Yakima river some where. Or back in E-Burg. I was happy with where I stayed last year.

Just me being the paranoid person I am. I will go along with you'alls plans as long as it seems feasible.

^ I hear ya on that.

I dont know if Leavenworth is busy or not on that weekend, but i think it will all work out in the end. It cant be as busy as oktoberfest :rolleyes: i hope.

For camping i will try to get details about possibilities, if we can stay somewhere up icicle creek that would be great. But the place up near table mountain (last years spot) i think would do just fine, its not too far away, and since we would already be up the forest roads we could continue on them to hwy 97 at the top of blewitt pass to save time (if the snow is clear).

And im hoping that even if its busy it can still work out ok. The plan as i see it is to just meet up in leavenworth (like at the park and ride, or safeway, something like that) then cruise up the highway or take the back roads to lake wenatchee and have lunch. A back up plan i have in mind if lake wenatchee is packed is to shoot for swiftwater picknick area, its right on the river and hwy 2.

So there are options, as long as we get together and have a "meet" then ill be happy :banana:

-Andy