Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subaru auto parts salvage yards in Silicon Valley/SF Bay Area?

Thanks NV Zeno, really appreciate it. Only wish it was possible to know if they had the parts in stock, but I guess that's not going to be possible at a pick-n-pull place - though their prices are rock bottom. I'll try calling them. If I can buy the part for a reasonable price from an online store, I'll save the time for this one, but the salvage yards would be a great value for more expensive parts.

Unfortunately, the Pick-N-Pulls in San Jose don't typically have many Subarus, if any.

I too would love to know if there is a Subaru-specific parts yard in the SF Bay Area, since it would be far more convenient than gambling by going to the Pick-N-Pull yards only to find that there aren't any matching Subarus...

It may be beneficial to "expand your horizon" a little. PnP has a couple of huge yards in Stockton, about an hour's drive from San Jose. And there's always Subes in the Reno and Carson City yards (farther away still).

Sometimes I've found what I needed at some of the other Norcal yards, but it took a bit of travelling with some luck thrown in.

Just my 2 bucks

There's also, http://www.car-part.com which is an internet service subscribed to by junkyards all over the country. You can sort by distance or price. Pretty handy.

Will-

*edit-- I noticed that they added a VIN lookup which is pretty neat. They also do cross referencing between multiple years which is really handy.

Edited by lostinthe202

• 11 years later...

At P+P?  You're kidding, right?  Those guys are butchers, and you won't find a car in the yard in which the catalytic converter hasn't been pulled by simply chopping through both of the manifold Y-pipes.  They don't give a toss.  A few years ago I was trying to replace same on my old '95 Legacy - which is tough enough because there are two head variants, one exhaust port or two.  The couple of single-port manifolds I found had been destroyed in this manner.

I happen to know the manager at the bigger of the (two) Calgary yards (he used to manage one of the electronics disties here in town), and I complained to him as well as up and down the food chain:  Please, guys, you can get that cat out with a single cut aft of the flange instead of two in front of it.  Nothing changed.  They just don't care.

Aside from exhaust systems, it's almost impossible to find a good truck (esp. 4x4) driveshaft there because they're utterly careless in forking the cars around.  And gas tanks - I think they must have running contests to see how many holes they can punch while draining them.