Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Subaru auto parts salvage yards in Silicon Valley/SF Bay Area?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mountainwalker

mountainwalker

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 265 posts
  • N California

Posted 17 March 2011 - 07:57 PM

Anyone know any Subaru auto parts salvage yards in the SF Bay Area / Silicon Valley? Looking for a plastic fog light cover for an Outback 2003 VDC 3L H6 among other things, and not planning on paying the dealership $49.99 for one.

#2 NV Zeno

NV Zeno

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,036 posts
  • Ponderosa Ranch, Nevada

Posted 17 March 2011 - 09:04 PM

http://www.picknpull.com/

#3 mountainwalker

mountainwalker

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 265 posts
  • N California

Posted 17 March 2011 - 10:58 PM

Thanks NV Zeno, really appreciate it. Only wish it was possible to know if they had the parts in stock, but I guess that's not going to be possible at a pick-n-pull place - though their prices are rock bottom. I'll try calling them. If I can buy the part for a reasonable price from an online store, I'll save the time for this one, but the salvage yards would be a great value for more expensive parts.

#4 somick

somick

92 Loyale

• Members
  • 250 posts
  • alaska

Posted 18 March 2011 - 03:28 PM

I think there was one in Oakland...

Sam

#5 AWDfreak

AWDfreak

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • SF Bay Area, CA (USA)

Posted 19 March 2011 - 02:20 AM

Unfortunately, the Pick-N-Pulls in San Jose don't typically have many Subarus, if any.

I too would love to know if there is a Subaru-specific parts yard in the SF Bay Area, since it would be far more convenient than gambling by going to the Pick-N-Pull yards only to find that there aren't any matching Subarus...

#6 NV Zeno

NV Zeno

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,036 posts
  • Ponderosa Ranch, Nevada

Posted 19 March 2011 - 09:05 AM

It may be beneficial to "expand your horizon" a little. PnP has a couple of huge yards in Stockton, about an hour's drive from San Jose. And there's always Subes in the Reno and Carson City yards (farther away still).

Sometimes I've found what I needed at some of the other Norcal yards, but it took a bit of travelling with some luck thrown in.

Just my 2 bucks

#7 lostinthe202

lostinthe202

Currently Lost in the 510

• Members
  • 1,094 posts
  • Oakland, Ca

Posted 20 March 2011 - 12:04 AM

There's also, www.car-part.com which is an internet service subscribed to by junkyards all over the country. You can sort by distance or price. Pretty handy.

Will-

*edit-- I noticed that they added a VIN lookup which is pretty neat. They also do cross referencing between multiple years which is really handy.

Edited by lostinthe202, 20 March 2011 - 12:06 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users