Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Cruise control actuator vacuum hose question?

I own a 1999 Forester with a vacuum hose leak somewhere, after looking around I noticed that the vacuum hose for the cruise control actuator was not connected after a motor install. Now I notice a lot more GAS consumption and a high & low idle. Can anyone tell me where this hose goes connected to? I looked around and did not noticed any solenoids that did not have any hoses connected to them. Weird thing cause the car was fine when I got it back from the mechanic a month ago. Any suggestions anyone?:eek:

Take it back and let him find it?

Plug the line for now and see if that helps.

Are you saying it is disconnected from the cruise or you can not find the mating connection in the maze of vacume lines.

There also should be a vacume map under the hood that should help. If you lay the hose down where it is, it will hold its shape and should point you towards where it should be connected.

quote:

Are you saying it is disconnected from the cruise or you can not find the mating connection in the maze of vacume lines. quote: :lol:

It turns out that the NEW or replacement motor did not have a connector for the cruise control. So, it has a freeze plug where the Cruise control vacuum hose connects to. I ordered a connector from SUBARU $14.00 it comes in two days, not a stock item. I have a feeling that this connector and cruise control hose is not going to fix my unusual idling of the motor, not to mention it is burning a lot more fuel than before. I already changed the spark plugs, and the wires. Also has new OEM PCV valve as well. The coil is good ALL 4 are sparking pretty strong. the only thing is that the spark plugs I used are BOSCH Platinum and the ones that where in there where NGK, weird misfire, or vacuum problem?