Ultimate Subaru Message Board

85 Brat 2.2T swap

Naked Buell

So I just pulled the EA 81 out of my Brat and put it in my Rx so I have something to drive. I have a D/R 5 speed that I picked up about a month ago but now I am wondering if I should just put in an Awd 5 speed.

I am not sure which one would be better. I want to make the Brat a nice daily driver that I may take down some dirt roads but nothing really rough.

So, which is the better tranny??????

So I just pulled the EA 81 out of my Brat and put it in my Rx so I have something to drive. I have a D/R 5 speed that I picked up about a month ago but now I am wondering if I should just put in an Awd 5 speed.

I am not sure which one would be better. I want to make the Brat a nice daily driver that I may take down some dirt roads but nothing really rough.

So, which is the better tranny??????

"Better" is in the eye of the beholder. What kind of power do you intend to get out of the EJ22T? If you're looking for stock-level power, then the D/R may be ok.

I'm making a little more than a stock EJ22T, and I was getting crazy wheelhop. A lot of the power was unusable.

AWD will see more stress, so it may not last as long as a D/R with a lot of wheelslip/hop, but at least you'll be able to use the power.

Jacob