Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Stellaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!NEW PICS!!!!

monstaru

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 05 STi aluminum lateral links are the same exact length as the stock Forester XT lateral links I took off. Forester is the same exact platform as the Impreza.

Platform has nothing to do with it, not all Imprezas are the same width. GDs are wider than the GGs (wagon), GCs, GFs and legacies. One of the cars at 100 Acre Wood had GC axles in a GD (Christy Carlson)... broken axle shaft, cracked DOJ cup, and both axles seized in the diff.

Did you actually compare them side by side? I'm not sure about foresters though, so if that's true, that's news to me...

Platform has nothing to do with it, not all Imprezas are the same width. GDs are wider than the GGs (wagon), GCs, GFs and legacies. One of the cars at 100 Acre Wood had GC axles in a GD (Christy Carlson)... broken axle shaft, cracked DOJ cup, and both axles seized in the diff.

Did you actually compare them side by side? I'm not sure about foresters though, so if that's true, that's news to me...

I know that many are different widths for sure, I am just saying that at the very least 03-8 Foresters have the same track width as 04-07 STi's, I am not positive about the regular Imprezas of that year range. Yes I compared them side by side and they were EXACTLY the same, no difference at all. That's why I figured putting the newer style lateral links into my GC platform 98 Forester, would give it a slightly wider stance in the rear and kick the bottom of the tire out a bit.

• 2 months later...

So, thanks for the non topic crap crap...:drunk:

Actuary got something started.

Got some other stuff in the worksis to...

pics523427.jpg?t=1337835012

STICKS!!started at least

I am a bad sticker putter onner...but we will see how she finishes out :)

cheers

Edited by monstaru

Lookin' good. I've got another box of stickers started for you. I'll ship it out when it's full.:)

I am defenitely not a perfectionist knowing that it will just get

Beat up anyway......but it will turn out pretty cool.thrres a cat in

Parkland that has some as well.plus Tex is pretty heavily into this as well..

************in love you guys for being behind my vision;)$

• 2 months later...

Ok, So the countdown for the show is on!!!

I have replaced an axle, rebuilt the rear section of my driveline , and started a rear bumper...thats the mechanicals.

I have to get my "box" in the back filled with goodies.

mount the hi-lift

finish stickering

umm, I know there is more.

I will be back at it this weekend,going gangbusters.

This just past weekend Eulogious came over and did a crazy center diff lock install for me.Resistor bank and everything.We also got the first set of lights in.Have more lights , but who knows if I will have time to install them for the show.

Damn.I have not cared about bringing a car to the show in a few years.This is stressful!!!LOL:headbang:

pounding in a u-joint(click for vid)

th_IMG_0781.jpg

makin a rear bumper that I may not even be able to have on by the show...

IMG_0788.jpg

IMG_0789.jpg

IMG_0791.jpg

IMG_0792.jpg

some weld love

IMG_0793.jpg

random front axle/ball joint change pic.Looks sweeeet!!:)

IMG_0783.jpg

cheers

• 3 weeks later...

So, I broke a front axle bearing cage, a rear axle bearing cage, and a u joint on my drivelene(Yes the one I installed.The cap came off because i tacked it to soft.)

Changed the front axle sunday morning at the show, drove home on the rear making hella racket.Drove around the next day, Then driving to work on Tuesday I got on to I-5 and BAM...

wompwompwompwomp....couldna drive faster than 30 through town to go get my truck.Driveline u-joint....

I think that I should have her back together here pretty quick.And I need to start looking at other axle options.

Maybe STI ************ ....

But I really need to start looking at my buggie again.....:rolleyes:

Oh , and damnit, I think my rear axle was broken before I took my Mud Drag run:mad:Possibly my front to.....which really means I was one wheelin :)

She is fun but I am tired of breaking axles.This is what made me stop wheeling Lilly...

cheers

So which is it Stella or Lily? :D.. Kudos Brian She is a fine rig..looks good dirty to. Oh I hear some Floyd in the background....OOOOH I need a dirty woman.

I miss Lily.....

But Stella is pretty fun.I need to adjust the lift blocks, and this time I think I will weld them to the carriage.Need some cross bracing, and integration...

I knew that before.But at first I really needed to drive her alot.Now I am trying to make it so I do not have to drive her as much.Which means

I am THIS ************in close to putting a solid axle in the rear.:-p

not gonna happen, but....Thats the next step.

cheers

Make it solid, make it fun.

Drive it to/from work, and to/from visiting me and the Brat.

Spend all the rest of your time and money on the REAL offroader.

The car IS what it IS. Don't polish the turd too much ;)

EGGZACHARY,I knew YOU would understands :):clap:

Wheelin on the 22nd?:-p

• 2 months later...
I'll let Eulogious tell ya what he did LOL....It's got resistors and stuff that I don't get :)

I WILL be doing stickers today!!!!!!!!

cheers

So what's the center diff lock mod?!! I don't think you said if its a 4EAT with to solinoid mod, or if its a stick made to lock the center diff... AND I ain't going to RE-read all the pages and pages of awesome. . . ;)

please do tell :popcorn: