Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Stellaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!NEW PICS!!!!

• Please log in to reply
257 replies to this topic

#76 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,398 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:12 AM

FILTHY. Don't trade this one.

This should be your facebook pic
Posted Image

it pretty much describes me too a T doesn't it :)
if i wasna looking for prospective employment, i would put it up there Tex.i had andrew take it off so's i could look like anice guy :rolleyes:
its ashame , damn ashame.cuse it is an AWESOME pic of me.
:lol:cheers, b

oh yeah, the car....
so apparently there has been a water leak for a very long time.into the rear compartment.after finding the plug that would relieve pressure, it ran out of the drivers side most rear compartment below the jack for 56 seconds:eek:it was ALOT of water.she musta lost ten pounds at least.....at least it will help with tire rub:grin:
i started trimming properly in the rear, insrtead of the ghetto pound i had goin on since i installed the tires.i will post pics of the carnage when i do the other side today or this weekend. cheers, b

Edited by monstaru, 29 April 2011 - 11:22 AM.

#77 Mugs

Mugs

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 544 posts
  • Spokane & Hobart, Wa.

Posted 30 April 2011 - 04:20 PM

Man that looks absolutely SIC monstaru!! How much ground clearance do you have under your oil pan and rear diff? Also, how close are the tires to the struts?

He's at 11.5" at the rear diff, and 10.5" at the exhaust y pipe union, which is the lowest hanging part of the front of the car at this moment.

Knowing Brian, I am sure that that "problem" will get solved soon enough.

#78 Fenix747

Fenix747

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 177 posts
  • Ellensburg, WA

Posted 01 May 2011 - 01:26 AM

oh yeah, the car....
so apparently there has been a water leak for a very long time.into the rear compartment.after finding the plug that would relieve pressure, it ran out of the drivers side most rear compartment below the jack for 56 seconds:eek:it was ALOT of water.she musta lost ten pounds at least.....at least it will help with tire rub:grin:

Do you think that had anything to do with the rear window washer fluid? It stopped pumping water to the window a while ago.

-Andy

#79 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,398 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 01 May 2011 - 12:58 PM

Do you think that had anything to do with the rear window washer fluid? It stopped pumping water to the window a while ago.

-Andy

it might, except it was all clear instead of blue.there was a large gash in the top of the rubberized material that was holding the taillamp on.about 4.5 inches across the top was letting water in like a funnel.

so, with that side sealed up, and a new passenger side lens,all gooped up ready to dry out...i can see what is next.cheers, b

#80 1982gl4

1982gl4

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,357 posts
  • Worcester, VT

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:22 PM

Your car is beautiful, I love it. I hope my legacy ends up looking this cool eventually. Where did you get those wheel spacers? My brat needs some badly after I added five lug using the xt6 control arms, the rear is a lot narrower then the front now.

#81 True2Blue

True2Blue

SU<3ARU

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • Belfair WA

Posted 04 May 2011 - 03:45 PM

repost the pics they are all gone?

(if you dont mind me asking that is):grin:

#82 bratman18

bratman18

ADIDASubarus

• Members
  • 3,447 posts
  • Jefferson, Maine

Posted 04 May 2011 - 05:04 PM

The pics are all still there and it looks awesome. I want another OBS bad

#83 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,398 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:03 PM

Your car is beautiful, I love it. I hope my legacy ends up looking this cool eventually. Where did you get those wheel spacers? My brat needs some badly after I added five lug using the xt6 control arms, the rear is a lot narrower then the front now.

she is super rough.i mean, in considering that MOST try to make them all show cars....(impreza's)...
it is really fun.i have A LOT of work to do to make her as "pretty" as i'd like.

cheers, b

#84 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,398 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 15 May 2011 - 10:41 PM

Posted Image
moar trimming....just finding the absolute least amount of trim available.without a lift beyond struts.
Posted Image
silly flexing on my hill...

with some more flaring on the fronts, and a little more trimming , and sealing she'll be good for flex regardless if she gets a "lift' or not..
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
some more rollin can help here...
Posted Image

i think i wanna stretch the limits of no blocks further because peeps wanna say you can't.but whatever.i know you can.

plenty of flex, maybe even more down travel....we'll see.
those links are noisy. damn are they noisy...
cheers, b

Edited by monstaru, 15 May 2011 - 10:44 PM.

#85 superu

superu

It's All We'll Drive

• Members
  • 799 posts
  • Moab

Posted 17 May 2011 - 10:33 PM

Sweet awesomeness!!! Very nice work on the IMP!! I like I like!!

BUT. . . . . . how did you get this to work in your diff? Does that MY IMP
have pins for the diff side of the half shafts?

I have an CLSD to put into my legacy, and now have an OB tranny and rear end. BUT problems with compatability. . .

Posted Image

Not hijacking here, I'm loving your build just inquiring on a detail. . .

thanks,
-mw-

#86 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,398 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 17 May 2011 - 11:07 PM

Sweet awesomeness!!! Very nice work on the IMP!! I like I like!!

BUT. . . . . . how did you get this to work in your diff? Does that MY IMP
have pins for the diff side of the half shafts?

I have an CLSD to put into my legacy, and now have an OB tranny and rear end. BUT problems with compatability. . .

Not hijacking here, I'm loving your build just inquiring on a detail. . .

thanks,
-mw-

thats for the front brau....in the transaxle.....:grin:I will eventually weld up the rear.
cheers, b

#87 superu

superu

It's All We'll Drive

• Members
  • 799 posts
  • Moab

Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:24 AM

thats for the front brau....in the transaxle.....:grin:I will eventually weld up the rear.
cheers, b

DOOOH! That's a front LSD unit? DAMMIT!!!
so no probvs with CVs and pins then, cuz they got 'em up front!

Well then, even COOLER rig you got there mang!! LSD front, EJ turning dual range impreza, welded rear.. awesome!

note: this guy covets

#88 thatswhatshesaid

thatswhatshesaid

Subaphilia

• Gold Subscribers
  • 736 posts
  • Spokane, WA

Posted 19 May 2011 - 05:46 PM

note: this guy covets

So does this guy. :slobber:

#89 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,398 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:00 PM

So does this guy. :slobber:

you should come see it in person.getting shot gives you street cred.you can meet me now.:lol:no , really, i'd like to talk you out of your transmission, and diff so.....:)cheers, b

#90 thatswhatshesaid

thatswhatshesaid

Subaphilia

• Gold Subscribers
  • 736 posts
  • Spokane, WA

Posted 20 May 2011 - 01:50 AM

you should come see it in person.getting shot gives you street cred.you can meet me now.:lol:no , really, i'd like to talk you out of your transmission, and diff so.....:)cheers, b

I'd love to see it in person.
And... okay. But you're not getting the LSD. that bish is mine. :)

I've got a wish list of goodies. maybe a trade is in order. check my FS thread for details.

(and yeah. I got mad street cred. I run this town, son!)

Edited by thatswhatshesaid, 20 May 2011 - 01:51 AM.
added thuggish remark

#91 michael appel

michael appel

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 779 posts
  • wilsonville Or

Posted 20 May 2011 - 08:40 AM

Bwa ha ha what the subie alley gang

I'd love to see it in person.
And... okay. But you're not getting the LSD. that bish is mine. :)

I've got a wish list of goodies. maybe a trade is in order. check my FS thread for details.

(and yeah. I got mad street cred. I run this town, son!)

#92 superu

superu

It's All We'll Drive

• Members
  • 799 posts
  • Moab

Posted 20 May 2011 - 11:56 AM

i'd like to talk you out of your transmission, and diff so.....:)cheers, b

Hmmm, curious. . . .

what trans and diff does thatswhatshesaid have going on?

#93 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,398 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 20 May 2011 - 10:51 PM

run it?mm, nah, i woulda heard about that.....

but, i'd still like to make a deal about the trans and open diff.i'll just weld it.cheers, b

#94 thatswhatshesaid

thatswhatshesaid

Subaphilia

• Gold Subscribers
  • 736 posts
  • Spokane, WA

Posted 22 May 2011 - 03:49 PM

Hmmm, curious. . . .

what trans and diff does thatswhatshesaid have going on?

4EAT from a '04 OBW. 4.44 final (yum)

...weld it. YES. winning.

#95 subimonster

subimonster

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Welches

Posted 26 May 2011 - 06:20 PM

i have to ask you because i have been following this thread religiously. i have a 95 legacy and i want to go up a tire size without more lift. i can chop down the fenderwell as you have in the back but what is the best way to clearance the front fenders?

#96 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,398 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 26 May 2011 - 08:49 PM

i have to ask you because i have been following this thread religiously. i have a 95 legacy and i want to go up a tire size without more lift. i can chop down the fenderwell as you have in the back but what is the best way to clearance the front fenders?

i clippedd the front like i did the back, and i still need to roll it a skosch.but the biggest issue is strut clearance.even with the spacers i have , any bigger and i would need a wider spacer.which i was not comfortable with trying out.
cheers, b

#97 superu

superu

It's All We'll Drive

• Members
  • 799 posts
  • Moab

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:21 PM

I've seen some of your posts and pix but I've been wondering why you don't want to do a lift... You've squished some meaty mud terrains in there haven't you?
Anyhoo, strut top spacers are like $215 shipped, and of course OB struts would be better but also more $$, then there's 2nd gen forester strut assemblies.

just curious...

#98 subimonster

subimonster

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Welches

Posted 05 June 2011 - 07:37 PM

i have had 28x 8.50 14 super swamper tsls on it no problem but they dont make that tire anymore from what i hear and i want a more street able tire on it and i have gone to a 15" rim now so i would like to run 235 75 15's but my fenders wont clear it in the front. i would normally be all about a bigger lift but i am broke like a joke right now and i am a mechanic not a fab guy so i cant build all the awesome stuff you guys do which is lame i must admit but i figure a little chopping and bending and maybe 1" strut spacers in the front would do it since it is about an inch lower in the front then the back and i already have 98 outback struts on it. any help i can get from more knowledgeable people then i is greatly appreciated.

#99 subimonster

subimonster

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Welches

Posted 05 June 2011 - 07:40 PM

i kinda just built this car on a whim because i was tired of seeing lowered versions and noticed my moms outback was taller then mine so i slapped some outback struts on it ordered some super swampers went to work on the fenders a little bit with my cutting wheel and had a buddy weld my rear diff and i have been wheelin the piss out of it for almost four years this way. i am just ready to change it up a little.

#100 michael appel

michael appel

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 779 posts
  • wilsonville Or

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:28 AM

tires are back ordered

i have had 28x 8.50 14 super swamper tsls on it no problem but they dont make that tire anymore from what i hear and i want a more street able tire on it and i have gone to a 15" rim now so i would like to run 235 75 15's but my fenders wont clear it in the front. i would normally be all about a bigger lift but i am broke like a joke right now and i am a mechanic not a fab guy so i cant build all the awesome stuff you guys do which is lame i must admit but i figure a little chopping and bending and maybe 1" strut spacers in the front would do it since it is about an inch lower in the front then the back and i already have 98 outback struts on it. any help i can get from more knowledgeable people then i is greatly appreciated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users