Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Stellaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!NEW PICS!!!!

monstaru

IMG_5513.jpg

IMG_5512.jpg

IMG_5511.jpg

All mounted up.Test fitted.I am happy.The Forester struts in conjunction with the 1" spacers is gonna be a no interference relationship for strut spring mount, and tire.AWES

OME.........

That means less work in the end.Well, kinda. This is the largest tire I will ever put on this car.So, with that in mind, I can concentrate on trimming and tidying up the fenders. :)

And then commit to certain things that I am trying to put off for a bit.......like bumpers.:drunk:

cheers

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great work all the way through. Looks awesome. I'm about to do a strut/spring swap on my 97 Impreza outback and wanted to be sure I was getting all my info correct before I do. You cleared 235/75/15 tires with 03+ struts and springs only? My hope is to do similarly but probably do a little more trimming zzz to clear them. Any rubbing during turns or just bumps?

Great work all the way through. Looks awesome. I'm about to do a strut/spring swap on my 97 Impreza outback and wanted to be sure I was getting all my info correct before I do. You cleared 235/75/15 tires with 03+ struts and springs only? My hope is to do similarly but probably do a little more trimming zzz to clear them. Any rubbing during turns or just bumps?

Oh she is cut up like a cooked hog at a birthday party....

The struts are from an 07 Forrester.The weight difference is pretty significant from that model year to ours.It may be only a couple of hundred pounds, but it is enough to give me a stiffer ride even without a swaybar.

I have one inch spacers also, If I did not these 235's would be to close for comfort.She is comin along.I am loving her with the squeeking gone.

cheers

Nice tires. How much did those cost. I just got an outback tranny with 4.44 gears which I am starting to install today and I want to move to a 235 75 15 and I love the way those tires look. Anyway awesome job on your impreza I will be applying a lot of your techniques in the coming month to my car. Thanks man!!!

Jesus. Nice tires man. I used your setup on my 97OBS. So far it has been destroying offroad, only issue I have is camber and rear toe but I'm way too lazy to fix it.

I've gone through 4 wheel bearings, 2 ball joints and 3 front axles in 4 months. I think they were just old and on their way out anyway.

WRX axles and front knuckles seem to be much more comfortable with the extra angle from forester suspension. Absolutely no fight to get the strut bolts in.

Do you have a problem with the tires rubbing the back of the wheel well in the front? I want to do some metal work and try to fit 30s next year :D

I should be finished trimming up the fendeers this weekend.She will probably see a new motor as well, maybe some new tires by the end of itall........

Spit, one of the key factors I think is the Outback lift that i have up front.But I still rub at the back of the front wheelwell.Figuring a verry large sledge will find it's way in there eventually.

I still have a ton to do that I even have parts for already.Lights, CB, Sticks,one of my Diff covers, etc,

cheers

welp, Just got done puttin a freshly regasketed engine in.Dirty intake and all.Runs pretty good really.The regular bumps and humps one gets sometimes.After she cycles through her process she will be fine.

Also trimmed the other front fender . Will get to the other rear fender tomorrow.Also workin on a couple other things.

I wanna figure out "the mystery sound"....

But other than that The regular stuff

IMG_5523.jpg

IMG_5522.jpg

I also did some of the normal frond end trimming..

IMG_5520.jpg

While the engine was out I rerouted the front end wiring harness so it is no longer hanging down like you see there.

moar pics tomorrow.

cheers

I finished trimming the rear up.Gotta add some moulding.then pics.

Yeah Superu, A good mate (Mugs)helped me out buy resealing and gasketing the motor.He has had it for like a week or so.Maybe two, ************ I can't remember.:-p

It runs without codes now.We had to mongaloid some exhaust gaskets to mate the header.I will take care of that this week too.New gaskets Should take care of it.

Then since I am in there I should actually put in the STI exhaust. I think I need to make a couple of hangers and such.But whatever.

The secret squirrel is turning out pretty awesome, if I do say so myself.I am really excited about it.:drunk::popcorn:

cheers

Nice build man, I've got the same 11.5" clearance with the Forrester springs and outback struts with 1" tophat spacers.

Did you use the ej25 block you spoke of a few pages back?

it works well with the stock 22 heads. I think the dual ports are 2nd Gen. Whereas. My single ports are 1st Gen.

I've been looking into getting a 220 Delta cam regrin:popcorn:d, for some torque. Having second thoughts since its my daily driver and I don't know how it will affect my MPG. My 215 75/15's . My average stock mileage was arround 325 miles a tank of gas. Now its empty arroumd 220 miles on the odometer. I know the mileage is out of wack with the taller tire.

Anyways, good work. Ya got that front LSD rolling yet?

Cheers. Steve

Nice build man, I've got the same 11.5" clearance with the Forrester springs and outback struts with 1" tophat spacers.

Did you use the ej25 block you spoke of a few pages back?

it works well with the stock 22 heads. I think the dual ports are 2nd Gen. Whereas. My single ports are 1st Gen.

I've been looking into getting a 220 Delta cam regrin:popcorn:d, for some torque. Having second thoughts since its my daily driver and I don't know how it will affect my MPG. My 215 75/15's . My average stock mileage was arround 325 miles a tank of gas. Now its empty arroumd 220 miles on the odometer. I know the mileage is out of wack with the taller tire.

Anyways, good work. Ya got that front LSD rolling yet?

Cheers. Steve

As usual, things change with my builds.I decided to put more effort into the 13 buggy.I will keep an auto in this car, but am looking for a 4.44.I need this car as a DD for a while.She is not a trail beast, but I am sure will hold her own.

I am currently waiting for someone to pay me back a bit,which will hopefully net me a rear LSD, instead of welding it.But that seems like a long shot....so.

I do more onroad activity now adays.I still get out and romp on her., But until my truck is cheaper to drive , I will only romp so hard.

I def. notice the gas mileage diff..And would like better, but I just love how she looks with bigger tires.That is more important to me than MPG.

cheers

Been puttin SOME time in.

IMG_5530.jpg

IMG_5535.jpg

IMG_5533.jpg

That should turn out pretty cool...

These however are basically a necessity now.No matter how much damn trimmin I did, I still rubbed with worn 235's in the rear passenger side, and definitely had pertty good scrub on the front rear.

so, 2 inches it is.?Bought some 2" flat bar on the way home today.Cut these out yesterday and today .at school.Old school Oxy/Acety.************in love it .

IMG_5544.jpg

IMG_5542.jpg

Should have some time this 5 day holiday to do some fun stuff...:brow:

cheers

figures youre a cat person

:eek: haha

I'm wanting to build my own strut spacers too. I see yours look pretty home made. Mine will look way worse. (Who cares if it works?)

Just want to know if your are worried about any extra rattling etc etc?

If not, any idea where I can get my hands on some strut spacer specs?

cat person?WTF does that have to do with anything?......

These lift pieces will be 2"ers.

Specs are easy to come by with a tape measure , and some time.Maybe a set of calipers if you are anal.But other than that pretty simple.

Measure the ************ you got to fit!This isna rocket surgery!

Started cleaning those pieces up today.Gonna take me a bit, I cut the circles to small.:banghead:

Die grinder it is......

Will be workin on more fun stuff all weekend.

cheers