Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Stellaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!NEW PICS!!!!

monstaru

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even more aweesome is finished.?To bad I still need to paint it proper......:banghead:and learn how to take pics evidently...I'll take some more pics in the light tomorrow.

IMG_5565.jpg

IMG_5564.jpg

You may be able to see it in this one

IMG_5560.jpg

There are light tabs, and the tabs on the bottom tube are to mount some old school revamped turn signals.

cheers:drunk:

Edited by monstaru

IMG_5073.jpg

just some more parts.i'm excited about this one.i've wanted to do this since WJM started that thread like 5 yrs ago...

anyways.......cheers, b

hey, I tried searching but I don't know what I am looking for.

trying to determine where to buy one of these and if it will fit in my gear box.

nice Impreza. I am strarting to see more of these lifted and I have to say these are way cooler than all the square bodies, IMO.

I'm :imprezzed: :)

hey, I tried searching but I don't know what I am looking for.

trying to determine where to buy one of these and if it will fit in my gear box.

nice Impreza. I am strarting to see more of these lifted and I have to say these are way cooler than all the square bodies, IMO.

I'm :imprezzed: :)

5 speed front diffs are all the same. so any diff designed for a 5 speed will work. many companies make them. Quaife, OBX, Carbonetic, and more. They were available in some jdm STis as well as aftermarket from Subaru.

DAylight pics:

IMG_5570.jpg

IMG_5571.jpg

IMG_5572.jpg

Well, I recieved payment for a debt yesterday.An 81000mile(thats what was on the Odometer) Limited Slip Differential.

Took the lid off, and checked for any wear.There doesna seem to be any....it turns tighter than all of the previous ones I have had or seen.Seems like the bearings are still good, factory lash and all, so the Diff was treated well.

I am debating selling it instead of using it.However it would be cool to have in this car.I have never had an auto with an LSD before.I am curious to see how it would act.

cheers

very cool. Any idea on what you might try to get for it?

What?

You mean sell it?

No, I do not have the time to make another one right now.I would not make what I wanted even if I did sell it....

I did it as an art piece.Not as something I would produce.

I was talking about the Limited Slip.Nice skim job.I suggest you read what I write.Otherwise it will make no sense.I ramble alot .

cheers

Edited by monstaru

Looks like s*** Brian :grin:

Na, thats a sweet bumper, I see what you meant about the arcs taking forever to bend, but it payed off cuz it fits perfect.

I vote for at least trying out the LSD in the rear, just because you can. If you dont like it its not like its that hard to swap in an open diff...

-Bill

What?

You mean sell it?

No, I do not have the time to make another one right now.I would not make what I wanted even if I did sell it....

I did it as an art piece.Not as something I would produce.

I was talking about the Limited Slip.Nice skim job.I suggest you read what I write.Otherwise it will make no sense.I ramble alot .

cheers

I gathered he was asking about the LSD, meaning what would you sell it for, I too am interested so I'll ask, if you were to sell the LSD what would you want for it.

I actually have a set for the bottom that look alot like those.They are cheapies, and hard to break.

The top gets my hella driving lights.It should prove to be a lethal setup.look cool, and be efficient on a twin switch setup. maybe label them brighter, brightest.....;)

l also really wanna get the CB in before I start using the road alot....

You've got to get those decals installed on there.:-p

I know I KNow.........I am workin on alot of things .Just takes time......I have the next few weeks off.starting like Thursday.So I really need to try and get the exhaust put on, figure out my lag , get the lift finalized , and mount the tires.Get an alignment, etc......

I have alot on my plate, I need inside space to apply the decals, and time.......Lots of time.I may keep that as something for Tex and I to do on a weekend this winter.:-pI have such a vision of how I want it to look that I am afraid to start:Flame:;)DOH!!!

Anyways, don't worry, They WILL make it to the car.I am still on the hunt for more sticks so everyone keep that in mind!!!

The bumper will remain this way for a while. It will get some lights when I have the time, as I have the lights.etc....

cheeers

Lookin good man. And I vote yes on trying out the rear diff. If you don't like it I know someone who will (wink, wink)

Can't wait to see the lights all mounted up, she's gonna be killer.

I could use the LimitedSD dough for other things, but I think I will give her a shot.REgardless I have to go through it for myself, so it will be nice and shiny.

The engine runs awesome, accepting there is a slight fuel dropoff that happens at a certain RPM range.

I am replacing the fuel filter, then looking at the pump.Maybe just maybe it is relatedd to the crazy sound .That would kick rump roast.Kill two birds with one stone?Hopefully.....

I should be doin that tomorrow afternoon.Well, the filter anyway.I have to look and see if I have an extra fuel pump or not for that car.........Am not looking forward to buying one if not.....although, Might as well get a Walbro 255 ifn I have to purchase one.Of course, depending on the day I could just go pilfer the junkyard too...As I am a cheap bastage soemtimes....:drunk:

cheers

hey Brian, I have a huge (12"x48") yellow "student driver" sticker and some other funny random crap sittin around. I get alot of that stuff, I work at a sign shop. pm me your addy if your interested and ill hook you up.

RV

I'll keep collecting for you. Should only take a few weeks to get you another box like that one.:-p

Now you guys are just teasin'!

You've got us curious what kind of sweet sticker action has been gong on :clap::clap:

• 3 weeks later...

So , lets recount for a second.

08 Forester struts, redrilled rear top for Forester pattern.

I started out with the front on the phase one Outback stock lift blocks and ALK's...

The rear has aftermarket adjustable Lateral links...

Rear discs

stockish EJ22recently reseale/gasketed with questionable heads.Shows signs of failure/unsure...., with Auto 4.11

Also a failing radiator...

Whats happening now:frankenmotor, 4.44 auto with 4.44 rear clutch type LSdiff(8x,xxx mile diff! I was told), 2" lift, Brand new mudders previously viewed, etc..

Pile of parts

IMG_5619.jpg

Left =old trans

Have to transfer over the electronics to the new trans, already did the filter kit on it

Full droop after front 2" lift install

IMG_5625.jpg

Ill get other pics, but I used the metal strut lift up front.I intend to use the UHMW for the rear struts.As the front metals ones came out better than the front UHMW, and vice versa.

Some head action from earlier today:

IMG_5623.jpg

STill have a bit to do to get her back on her feet again, but Mugs and I will be pluggin away over the next several days to get this done so I can use her for a Daily:-p.

:burnout: