Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Would you pay $31,000 on a new car...

Originally posted by Slegacy96

No it wasnt modified. My mechanic put in platinum spark plugs and told me that they added about 10 HP. Did he lie to me?

I don't know if he lied (i.e. he could be misinformed), but I seriously doubt you could reap 10hp from plugs.

Originally posted by Slegacy96

Well I wasnt talking about an 2.2L engine. The Legacy GT features a 2.5L engine. Is there a difference? Oh yea, of about 60 HP.

By my math it's closer to 30 hp more. And a sluggish thirty at that.

And no you didn't gain 10bhp by using platinum plugs. Unless of course they're including the weight loss to your wallet! My experiences with platinum plugs (Bosch) tells me you will probably lose 10hp in about 6 months. They were supposed to last 3 years but within 6 months 3 out of 6 of them were fouled and my car ran like crap. After throwing in the ordianry NGK resistor type my car ran like new again and I never fouled another plug.

As far as more power than most cars in it's class (4-door midsize sports coupe). A friend of mine just bought a Mazda 6 and I'll tell you the only Sub that would touch it is a WRX and unless it's STI with 300 bhp it would not be an easy race.

Sorry to harp but it's Sunday, I am at work, and I am crabby!