Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Coping with a Subaru Addict

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife and I recently had a discussion about this very topic. so you understand, she's a veterinary technician and trains dogs part time, mostly her own. So we have an agreement...she collects APBTs and I collect soobs. The soobs are cheaper to buy, but the parts bills kinda rack up over time. :brow:

My wife has finally come to the realization that there isn't anything she can do, cept join me. Her first car, I bought for her was a 1980 Brat, then her second one I bought is an 89 3-door. So she couldn't help but learn a little bit to like em. But now she's definatly getting "the sickness". It's actually really kewl, we were driving home down the freeway, and I'm like "did you see it, down there, behind the barn by the blue car" and she'll be like "you mean the black XT-6?"

Whats most interesting was we actually found the road the car was on, and from where the car was, we couldn't really see the freeway, which is where we saw it from!

-So ya, word of advice for all you young guys, when you go out looking for that life partner, here are some tips.

Go decently young, more time to train em.

-Find a girl that doesn't have her liscence yet, that way you can buy her her first car, the first car is always the most impressionable, women always remember the first.

-Don't overwhelm them too fast, mentioning that you have 2 acres of parts and cars on the first date doesn't always work to impress them.

-Contrary to popular belief, a trip to the U-pull-it does classify as a date.

:grin:

it get kinda scarey when you find a lady that is more into the cars than you are.

hmmm, pick and pull as a date, nice. all those back seats....

might find some for a brat:lol:

McBrat, your wife nailed it!!:banana: Major Kudos out to you guys!

I would be just as bad, but I live in an apartment, so no space for more than one car.............my storage has parts in it though.............

I will print this out, it's great.........it applies to some of my other hobbies as well..............

I still have tropical fish stuff and checvy stuff left over from several years ago..............

The Sube stuff will always be stored in the most prominent and convenient place in my storage; in fact, I hope it will eventually dominate my storage space.

:D

take the pics of the room dirty, gives it character

just out of curiousity I googled SWRT bedsheets, subaru bedsheets, and a few others, no luck.

sorry Mick about the hi-jack, i guess it kinda relates right? ;)

thanks for looking for me, i guess ill have to find someone to make em for me.:brow:

my room is way past "having charactor" dirty, its a hole, i think id be better off using a match and some gas to clean it up. but i have too many car parts and electronics in here to try that.

I prefer WD40. the smell of a well oiled machine!

I've developed auditory symptoms as well. I'm turning my head to look at "what kind of subaru it is" before I even realize I've heard anything. gotta watch out for whiplash.

Also, I'm moving in a few weeks (3rd time this year, aargh) and I'm more concerned about garage space than anything else at this point :D

is there a 12 step program available?

baccaruda

Also, I'm moving in a few weeks (3rd time this year, aargh) and I'm more concerned about garage space than anything else at this point :D

you see everybody... its a perfect balance... we USMBers get the garage space and they get the closet space... except for the girls on the board... then it must just gets dirty... even if the guy isn't into soobs i don't think he would care much for closet space...

eh... use the closet to store more parts... cam shaft and spare y-pipe beside your tie rack... :banana:

• 2 months later...

where I work I have access to multiple cars and many parts, with no room to store at home and really no need for them, I just want them because their suby parts:banghead: . I can go back and find any car, gen1 or gen2 anyways, that I've driven past in the last year. I dream of winning lottery and spend the money on fixing subes:rolleyes:.

So I think my Fiance is slowing becoming a soobie convert.

Her car is not registered and it's sitting in my driveway. She is driving my OBS and she's getting compliments on how mean it sounds. I think if I were to spend a bit of $$ to get the body damage fixed she may actually like driving it.

We eventually plan to sell her Civic.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a sad story for ya'll:

I'm still in high school, and a select (elite/educated) group of my friends can always tell what i've been doing all day come saturday after noon. remarks go like this;

"dang, Laura, you smell like crap. you changing gears in the rear again?"

It's hard for me not to smile.

Why is it that my dad's a subaru used parts man who's now teaching has a son that doesn't even know how many liters his Legacy is? but that his girl can weld to a commercial level?

I gave him this as he hurdled the RX spare (!!!) engine block on our front porch.

-And about the sound from a mile away. Guilty. Sick. Most of the ones around here i can tell is dad built them, i did, or i never heard them before.

This thread really hit home after this weekend. You know how bad she wanted me to just leave 'that thing' in S.Dakota? LOL Well I got off with a "you cant buy anything for it for a long time!" I guess that's how she copes with it :lol:

Registration for Castana Offroad Event: $75

Meat, cheese, bread and mayo for 2 days: $25

Renting an F350 Super Duty and Tow Dolly to pick up your rig 6 hours away: $200

Gas for that oversized hunk of junk: $100

Offroading for two days with good company? Priceless!

For everything else there is VISA! :drunk:

I'm still in high school, and a select (elite/educated) group of my friends can always tell what i've been doing all day come saturday after noon. remarks go like this;

Why is it that my dad's a subaru used parts man who's now teaching has a son that doesn't even know how many liters his Legacy is? but that his girl can weld to a commercial level?

I gave him this as he hurdled the RX spare (!!!) engine block on our front porch.

-And about the sound from a mile away. Guilty. Sick. Most of the ones around here i can tell is dad built them, i did, or i never heard them before.

Don't let those chumps get to you! I feel kinda funny sometimes showing up to work with black finger nails and inpenitrable grease still in the folds of my knuckles... then I just laugh thinking how much they paied to have some one like me fix their car! :lol:

Don't let those chumps get to you! I feel kinda funny sometimes showing up to work with black finger nails and inpenitrable grease still in the folds of my knuckles... then I just laugh thinking how much they paied to have some one like me fix their car! :lol:

Yeah. One sure way of busting someone who is doing work comp insurance fraud is to look at their hands. If I ever file a claim for hands or arms, I would be screwed.

BW

My screaming yellow and red '78 Brat is sitting at the local vocational school getting a new tranny installed... the majority of the automotive students think it's "pimpin" ... then they hear the year it was built... knocks them flat out! They've never even seen one around here, it's a real rarity!

Guest Vickaroo

A subbie atticts favorite fragance, and how they apply it....

a) PPB blaster--- Spray till cloud covers full face and hair.

B) Axel Grease--- Smear on hands, arms, face, and dab just a small amount behind the ear. (this will drive your woman nuts)

c) Carb cleaner--- spray to layer the smell of the PPB blaster

d) Motor Oil---- (weight of your choice) drain motor, let spill on ground, now crawl under the subbie and roll around in it... making sure you cover your back and butt well....

e) Now go in and give your woman a kiss and hug sharing your days smell, she will squeal!!!!!

When Chef Tim and I was first dating he would use only the best of the best fragances and ALWAYS smelled soooooooooo good, now he applies his fragances as stated above..... Vicky

• 3 months later...

This is a great thread!!!:lol:

I think there is something wrong with my wife. She gets all giddy when I recieve parts for my GL-10, and also when those parts have been successfully fabricated onto the car and are in proper working order(Maybe it's because the car isn't all screwed up with me calling it select curse words while I diagnose the problem!). Look, she even suggested us purchasing the WRX wagon that we now own for goodness sake. She has Subie-on-the-brain syndrome. She says that sometimes I scare her when I road test the car. But I can tell she enjoys it too. Personally, I think she is becoming a boost addict and we all know how consuming that can be.:brow:

Is your dad looking to adopt?! Hehehe, just kidding. But I certainly would like to learn some of the cool stuff your dad knows about Subarus.

Sorry about the addiction problem.:( I'm addicted too. It's something that is hard to get rid of ya know. Kinda gets under the skin, into the bloodstream, and into the bones. So i guess it's some kinda infection.:grin:

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...