Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My 1993 Loyale: Work In Progress

GirlWithALegacy

So I'm finally the proud owner of a Subaru again!!! :banana:

0326111429-1.jpg

Roughly 175k on the ticker.. runs like a beauty. Just needs some definite TLC.. maybe a beating or two :lol: I was inspired... or was it forced? I'm not sure :-p to create a thread about my repairs to my new baby. Beginning to end. If there is an end! :rolleyes:

So here she is in all her glory. :)

0326111429a-1.jpg

So when I first went to get her... we couldnt get the car to start :confused: No fuel was getting to the fuel filter, so we dolly'd her home. When I got her home she still wouldnt start. Didnt hear the pump running so I checked the fuse, it was fine, tried to find a relay, not sure if I did or not. lol. But I unplugged and replugged in a few things under the passenger side dash, then crawled under the car to find the pump itself. I unbolted the shelf it was on, I thought maybe I could hear it better that way (I didn't have anyone to turn the key for me) So I turned the key and smelled gas from the engine bay, :eek: I looked and all the sudden it was working, gas was getting to the filter! I

rehooked everything up and she started right up! So I'm not sure why.... any ideas? I don't think I did anything special! Lol.

WOOF.

Thats gonna take some work...

You need to do some body work, paint it and put some black pug alloys on it.

EJ swap etc.

At least youre Fuel Injected...

I need to do a Fuel Injection swap, but Ill do that with the EJ swap lol.

Are Loyales pretty common in your parts? be able to get the body parts?

Any ideas on why all the sudden fuel started getting to the filter? One thing I forgot to mention before is that the car had sat for over a year... which I'm supposing contributed. :) Thx

If i'm trying to start a loyale that hasn't ran in a while, and it wont start, I rap on the underside of the fuel pump tray with a small hammer or something. About half the time the pump starts working and works fine afterwards. So, it's not uncommon for them to "stick" after sitting. Or, like Rob said, maybe a ground wire problem which will eventually show up again.

Interesting :) Thx for the ideas. I think it's time for some seafoam! :D New tires and rig up some lights after I find a fender and she'll be good as new! (ok not quite) :-p

Here's a general link to more pix of the car.

http://s195.photobucket.com/albums/z131/rosie4491/My%20Loyale/

Edited by GirlWithALegacy

Re-he-he-heeaallly? :brow: Collville aint too far away... :D PM pending. :banana:

And the car was 200 from a friend. Quite the deal. He needed it gone, I needed a car! His sister rear ended a truck. effed up the hood, fender, lights, etc. He used the other light on another car... it sat for a year when he decided to get rid of it. Perfect timing!

Tom you butthead! You're on usmb but not yahoo?? :-p

Lol! I know sorry :-p I shouldn't keep you up so late! Plus I have school in the morning... Hopefully I'll have time to run to the junkyard after school tomorrow or wednesday!

Just remember, I AM always here for you.

I don't have really any extra EA82 parts which sucks. Just slap some Legacy headlights in there, little bondo work and they will be "Custom" :lol:

So I was busy showing my car off to my uncle, I started it up... every time I do it runs around 2200rpm until I kick it down to around 1500. Well after a few seconds it knocked itself down to like 1000 and the lifter knock got really quiet. I'm not complaining it just seemed really weird that it did that so quickly...

If the motor is cold, the IAC is gonna hold the engine at a higher RPM until the engine gets heat, thats what its meant to do. You can kick it down as you did by taping the pedel, but it'll climb back up a little bit.

1000rpm is normal for the EA82 if you've only been letting it idle.