Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

My 1993 Loyale: Work In Progress

• Please log in to reply
259 replies to this topic

#226 92_rugby_subie

92_rugby_subie

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,990 posts
  • Hillsboro OR

Posted 01 October 2011 - 11:28 AM

Usually they run better when you DONT lock the keys in them :rolleyes:

Just a thought :P and you're welcome for the head-light, wasnt doing me any good... Except now I gotta go buy a set from the Junkyard so I can practice Turbones projector conversion :banana:

#227 GirlWithALegacy

GirlWithALegacy

Live. XD.

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • Wolf Point, MT

Posted 06 October 2011 - 12:30 AM

AWESOME! Got my financial aide check for school finally!!!! :clap: Time to attack that STUPID windshield and get it replaced!!!! Yay!!!

#228 Flowmastered87GL

Flowmastered87GL

WCSS Drunk

• Members
  • 6,088 posts
  • Portland, Oregon

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:26 PM

Mmmm college money....

Still paying for mine :banghead:

#229 TheLoyale

TheLoyale

Safariwagon: The Legend

• Members
  • 6,641 posts
  • Waukesha, WI

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:04 PM

I think we need to see some new pictures of "Checker-Board" :)

#230 KaraK

KaraK

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • S.E. Wisc

Posted 07 October 2011 - 06:13 AM

(Actually suprised when I realized you were a female and tackleing this project):)

Sorry, Sorry, Sorry for having to say this- But females can do ALL that you can, except perhaps, spelling the word tackling.

Edited by KaraK, 07 October 2011 - 06:43 AM.

#231 KaraK

KaraK

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • S.E. Wisc

Posted 07 October 2011 - 06:37 AM

The sparks are pretty new but I bought pre-gapped so I never looked at em...:

Always check them before you install- Don't trust that they are right...So simple to verify... You want to do it...

#232 GirlWithALegacy

GirlWithALegacy

Live. XD.

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • Wolf Point, MT

Posted 07 October 2011 - 08:51 AM

Sorry, Sorry, Sorry for having to say this- But females can do ALL that you can, except perhaps, spelling the word tackling.

:lol: gawd I love you Kara!

#233 92_rugby_subie

92_rugby_subie

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,990 posts
  • Hillsboro OR

Posted 07 October 2011 - 03:12 PM

Hey working on cars has nothing to do with proper grammar or correct spelling. Whats the point in knowing how to spell a part if you dont know what it is :confused: :rolleyes:

Carry on.

#234 GirlWithALegacy

GirlWithALegacy

Live. XD.

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • Wolf Point, MT

Posted 11 November 2011 - 01:04 AM

So the last couple tanks I've gotten roughly 21mpg as opposed to the 29-31mpg I was getting only a couple weeks ago. No noticable differences in the run or drive... thoughts?

#235 heartless

heartless

Do YOU Subaru?

• Members
  • 2,614 posts
  • Central Wisconsin

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:30 AM

fuel filter?
air filter?
dirty MAF?
plugs?
wires?
tire pressure?

not sure (my memory can be lousy at times), but you are in Idaho? right?
could be winter blend fuel as well? (winter blends always seem to produce lower mpg's)

#236 GirlWithALegacy

GirlWithALegacy

Live. XD.

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • Wolf Point, MT

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:12 PM

Dingdingding! Dirty MAF it was! Runs like a dream now! I can pull in front of a car without getting rearended! haha.

#237 TheLoyale

TheLoyale

Safariwagon: The Legend

• Members
  • 6,641 posts
  • Waukesha, WI

Posted 22 December 2011 - 11:31 PM

:popcorn:

#238 GirlWithALegacy

GirlWithALegacy

Live. XD.

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • Wolf Point, MT

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:47 PM

Jeez its been a while since I've been on this thing... I've looked countless times for a writeup with pictures on how to change my oil pump gasket. Any suggestions? My HTKYSA is wonderful except its for the wrong years... If only I had the next in the series... anyhow. My main question is do you have to remove the timing belts to do this? I know you have to take the covers off... and the clutch fan gets in the way I'm told... but I don't want to dig into this if I'm gonna screw up my timing... Thx

#239 Flowmastered87GL

Flowmastered87GL

WCSS Drunk

• Members
  • 6,088 posts
  • Portland, Oregon

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:15 PM

To do the oil pump, yes the timing belts must come off.

To do the WATER pump, no.

#240 GirlWithALegacy

GirlWithALegacy

Live. XD.

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • Wolf Point, MT

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:40 PM

To do the oil pump, yes the timing belts must come off.

To do the WATER pump, no.

Know of any write ups? All I could find was pictures for EA81s... :banghead:

#241 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

WileE Coyote Super Genius

• Members
  • 2,943 posts
  • West Des Moines, IA

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:52 AM

There is a good wrightup on youtube under milesfox.

#242 GirlWithALegacy

GirlWithALegacy

Live. XD.

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • Wolf Point, MT

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:40 PM

Yeah Ive seen some of his vids and I meant to check... but if I remember correctly he has the engine out. I'm sure its more difficult with it still in the bay. I'll be sure to look though...

#243 GirlWithALegacy

GirlWithALegacy

Live. XD.

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • Wolf Point, MT

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:27 PM

Well I'm sure glad I kept that old hood... replaced the winshield washer line heads with the ones from the old hood and they work good as new! Also did my brake pads and rotors. Partsyard had a $6/tire special on and I found a whole set of studded snow tires with decent tread left on em. All in all I'd say its been a pretty productive week :) Alls I have left to replace is the passenger side axle and swap out for some better tires and I'll be all ready for WCSS14 :)

#244 turbosubarubrat

turbosubarubrat

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 1,017 posts
  • Sandy, OR

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:33 PM

u could get that to come out with a "come along" really easy my friend did it with the door post(passenger door also known as shot-gun) on my sisters 87 subaru gl wagon after his wife hit it going in reverse luckily he bought all replacing parts and he installed them, he did alot of autobody for a long until he hurt his back really bad:-\(he was in construction and fell two stories and broke his back which now has a disk in it:-\)

[quote name='GirlWithALegacy']So I straightened that fender out much as I could...

Posted Image
Posted Image

#245 GirlWithALegacy

GirlWithALegacy

Live. XD.

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • Wolf Point, MT

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:28 PM

Yeah if you look back around page 17 you'll find pix of what we did... we actually sawzalled the thing off and swapped out a new one... the metal was juts too chewed up to salvage. :/

#246 GirlWithALegacy

GirlWithALegacy

Live. XD.

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • Wolf Point, MT

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:17 AM

Soooo almost 195k miles. Changed the oil and put a new plug bolt in since the old one was rounded off http://i195.photobuc..._picture-27.jpg .... Replaced the front passenger side axle and wheel bearings. Fixed a couple small trim pieces like the thing that holds the lap belt from falling down http://i195.photobuc..._picture-25.jpg so you can actually buckle up in my passneger seat again :headbang: lol. Uhhh hooked up my emissions canister finally. Got an alignment and replaced my break pads and rotors. http://i195.photobuc..._picture-24.jpg All that in the last month. :clap:

Next up: Rear shoes and cylinders. Passenger side is leaking like crazy so I only have 2 brakes atm. Kinda sucks... a lot. But I plan on attacking that in the morning before work.

#247 GirlWithALegacy

GirlWithALegacy

Live. XD.

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • Wolf Point, MT

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:12 AM

Scratch that! I missed taking Rook to WCSS but gained rear disk brakes for my car in the process!!! :headbang: Already installed one side (so I could move my car off my poor neighbors lawn) :o oops. Its raining so I'm gonna work on the other side tomorrow... so excited for this upgrade though! Now when I pre reg for next years show I'll actually have something to write! :D

#248 turbosubarubrat

turbosubarubrat

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 1,017 posts
  • Sandy, OR

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:32 AM

did u do a gl-10 disc brake setup or what?

#249 GirlWithALegacy

GirlWithALegacy

Live. XD.

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • Wolf Point, MT

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:47 PM

did u do a gl-10 disc brake setup or what?

You know I'm not 100% sure.. I believe they're off an 86 turbo xt??? But DONT quote me on that. That's just what comes to mind... lol

Progress Report:

From THIS

Posted Image

To THIS

Posted Image

Down to THIS

Posted Image

To Ever-glorious THIS :D

Posted Image

I still have plenty of work to do... but I feel very accomplished. :D Thanks for everybody's help and support so far! I couldn't have done all this without a few close friends and everyone on USMB. :headbang:

Onto the next item on the list :Flame: Wheeler Wagon!

#250 nickolai

nickolai

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 150 posts
  • Colville WA

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:01 AM

Wow that looks great! How'd you paint it? Rattle can? Whole car or just matched the color?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users