Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My 1993 Loyale: Work In Progress

GirlWithALegacy

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

K so I got a standard roof rack off a car from the JY.. but mine has no threaded holes in the roof to screw it in to... so I need to figure out how to screw the roof rack into my roof without compromising the integrity of the roof or its watertightness. Any suggestions? I was thinking silicone or something... I just want to avoid leaks if I can... :D

www.rivetsinstock.com/rivet-nuts-threaded-inserts/ribbed-l-series.html

You'll want to order some of these.

I've used them for various jobs, and they do work well.

Need to get some myself to install the Factory roof rack off the '92 onto my '88.

Some type of sealant would be good to apply around all of the inserts, I'm not quite set on what to use yet. Many good types of sealants are out there. Still digging around on that myself.

• 5 months later...

Ended up returning the old rack because I didnt wanna wongleflute with drilling into my roof.. gonna find a gutter mount at some point.. just moved to Havre, Montana! Replaced my blown stock speakers with some stocks out of a legacy from the yard... and its looking like we're pretty much gonna have to do an engine overhaul sooner than later.. its leaking oil like a scyv and needs all the belts replaced. Other than that Rook is running great! Been getting roughly 30mpg still so no complaints for almost 210k! :D

• 1 year later...

Well at 229k Rook finally has left the land of the living. We've purchased a 98 Forester in order to get home. Hopefully Rook can be revived the next time we are back in Washington.... :-(

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. :(  (sniff)

Um, is it too soon to ask if you are parting it out? I mean uh er my condolences.

My father in law "offered" to have her crushed. :-( i said absolutely not. There's a perfectly perfect set of rear disks i have every intention of pulling off the old girl IF we Can't make her run again. So in short... Im willing to part out but not until i know she's dead dead. We'll see. Lol

• 2 weeks later...