Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My 1993 Loyale: Work In Progress

GirlWithALegacy

I think tomorrow I'm gonna go do a general tuneup. I've yet to check the plugs/wires/oil/etc. And I need to use up my can of seafoam. Anything else I should check out?

Change that gear oil in both, front and rear diffs.

85w-90 Gear oil.

Also buy a new PCV valve or clean the one you have. Also clean all the PCV hoses, I will suspect them being gunked up from old oil over the years.

Blowing smoke out the tailpipe. :'( Hope its only crap in the exhaust burning off and not a blown head or something... Gadzooks I don't need that! Oh and anyone local got a torch I could borrow? Lol... threads on a bolt sheared right off but it sticks out a good 1/4 inch. Can't seem to get it with pliers..

Blowing smoke out the tailpipe. :'( Hope its only crap in the exhaust burning off and not a blown head or something... Gadzooks I don't need that! Oh and anyone local got a torch I could borrow? Lol... threads on a bolt sheared right off but it sticks out a good 1/4 inch. Can't seem to get it with pliers..

I just looked at mine, there are 3 10mm bolts which hold the Fuel pump. So you should have an extra hole there unless its been broken off at some point.

Normal ea82 idle speed is about 750-800 rpm. If the car is stalling, maybe the advance is too low. Timing should be at 20 deg, be sure to plug the green connectors to use a timing light.

fuel pump bolts break, just expect that. zip ties work, they make metal ones. be prepared to reinstall the fuel pump when it gets pulled off from off road. you will get used to peole seeing your fuel pump dangling 1/4 inch off the road by its hoses while you are driving.

Normal ea82 idle speed is about 750-800 rpm. If the car is stalling, maybe the advance is too low. Timing should be at 20 deg, be sure to plug the green connectors to use a timing light.

fuel pump bolts break, just expect that. zip ties work, they make metal ones. be prepared to reinstall the fuel pump when it gets pulled off from off road. you will get used to peole seeing your fuel pump dangling 1/4 inch off the road by its hoses while you are driving.

I have seen that in the Alliance videos and in real life with Foxs 3-door.

Zip-ties do work. :banana:

Lol - now that I think about it I'm sure I've seen that before. And I know I can get one of the bolts back in... so maybe that along with zipties as a backup. And the car still smokes a tiny bit but not pouring out like it was before... I'm hoping it was just crap built up in the exhaust. Brumby420 might be able to hook me up with some tires I'm hoping and then a guy left me a message on my page about a parts car I'm hoping might have lights or at least a fender, maybe an emissions canister and A/C since I effed up the line when I was beating out the front corner... :eek: oops. lol.

sounds like a hazard :P I think I will keep my car on the road and keep my fuel pump where it belongs.

I was more or less being sarcastic. but then again i smoke cigarettes while changing fuel pumps, put my smoke out in a puddle of gasoline, ad drove cross country with aleaky gas tank and fuel cans integrated in my fuel system.

I am joking here........because i am still alive.

Another thing I've decided to do: take those stupid automatic throat cutting seatbelts out and replace with oldschool, classy, normal, manual ones. :D

Until then: Since I have them - I'm going to figure out how to make my rims purdy. They're all nasty and I want to make em shine :D Know of a how-to thread for that?

Which ones? Your steelies or your wagon wheels?

Your steelies should be easy. Get a wire wheel attachment and bring them to bare metal (try to not gouge it in spots) and then paint it so it doesnt rust, same for your wagon wheels, I did that on mine, and although they werent perfect, with some black paint on them, they looked amazing on a car.

Somewhere around here I have a thread on the wheels I painted as well as pics of my peugeot when I was done with it. Pretty sure you've seen it already, but heres the finished product next to the old one:

beforeandafter.jpg

and by itself (I had to leave tires on so it wasnt too great, but if youre going to replace your tires anyway, it might be easier for you.

PaintedRims.jpg

Hey nice looking bucket i have picked many a soob that looked like that and they turned out great i think i might have a passenger fender its grey but its straight i beleave its a right side fender it might be a left side i will check this weekend if you are interested make me an offer and you can pick it up im just a hop skip and a jump away from you and you can check out my project :brow: EG33 goodness.

Cheers R.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...