Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My 1993 Loyale: Work In Progress

GirlWithALegacy

And then I finally got mah parts I needed! (Thx Nick!) So my car has officially become a mobile chess board... :lol:

0501111223.jpg

0501111224.jpg

I forgot to take a picture after I put the hood on... I'll get to that tomorrow... Oh and I underestimated the difficulty of replacing a door by one's self! :rolleyes: That's definitely a task!

That door didn't need replacing... *eyeroll* it was just a little dent...

Leaked water dude! Lol - and I debated it... but I figured for another 10 bucks what the heck... so now I can take the old one apart and fix the dent and figure out why the whole inside panel was soaked. Maybe I'll get something out of it... who knows? Plus now my car looks wicked awesome checkerboard. :lol:

This is what i suggest you do. I really liked this look when i had the stock 13s on. Clean up those wagon wheels and paint them black. Then get a nice set of centercaps and a generic set of 13inch chrome trim rings. It looked really good, sadly it was the only really good looking thing on the car. But i think your loyale would look sweet with this setup. If i still had it i would send it to you but i sold it all with the wheels. Oh make sure to get ya some chrome lugnuts of you go this route.

picture.php?albumid=138&pictureid=1649

Why arent you spiffin up the wagon wheels that are already on it. Nice looking project. Hope its a 5 speed.

This is what i suggest you do. I really liked this look when i had the stock 13s on. Clean up those wagon wheels and paint them black. Then get a nice set of centercaps and a generic set of 13inch chrome trim rings. It looked really good, sadly it was the only really good looking thing on the car. But i think your loyale would look sweet with this setup. If i still had it i would send it to you but i sold it all with the wheels. Oh make sure to get ya some chrome lugnuts of you go this route.

picture.php?albumid=138&pictureid=1649

Good call on the lugnuts... I'll have to get some :D

And as for why I'm not doing the wagon wheels... because I've never done this before... so I figure it's better to learn on my steelies, then do the wagon wheels justice once I get it down. :banana:

And of COURSE it's a 5 speed! :rolleyes: boys.... :lol:

Wow lookin good! You made fast work of those parts! I hope you weren't short on fender and hood bolts. I meant to get those to you, but forgot them amidst all my rushing.

Yes I was thinking while I was taking that door off that it might be a pain to get back on even with two people.:lol: Looks like you managed though.

Whats up with that pass. headlight? It looks slightly askew.

Wow lookin good! You made fast work of those parts! I hope you weren't short on fender and hood bolts. I meant to get those to you, but forgot them amidst all my rushing.

Yes I was thinking while I was taking that door off that it might be a pain to get back on even with two people.:lol: Looks like you managed though.

Whats up with that pass. headlight? It looks slightly askew.

Well actually I don't have any bolts for the fender... its just sitting on the body. Not bolted or anything... :grin: The hood is alright though... maybe I could PM you my address so you could mail them to me? :)

And I was in a hurry w/the headlights, kinda just set them there for looks. :rolleyes: Then around dark I was actually trying to fit them in and it almost looks like you gave me 2 drivers side lights... :confused: did you?? I didn't look at them really well so if I have time tomorrow after school I'll see for sure. Either way it's gonna take some more pounding on the frame to get everything to fit. :grin: It's a good way to take out frustration! :banana: lol

In the group "Subie Ladies" I explained a little how I changed out the door all by myself... :-p

I'm hoping my wiring for the lights isnt damaged... otherwise idk what I'm gonna do cuz I know jack squat about electrical and wiring stuff.... :-\

Edited by GirlWithALegacy

Oh and as for the paint... I've not got a clue! I don't have a weekend picked out to paint anything if that's what you're asking. I joked w/my dad that I should get the rear corner panel and the driver's side door from you too... that way the WHOLE car will be checkerboard! :lol: Plus I've hardly learned how to re-do wheels... gimme some time to learn to repaint the car! :-p

I'm going to practice bondo (maybe?) and paint on the old hood and door.

Nothing like good practice on a old beater. Hook up a log chain or a come along to a tree or a large secured pole and slowly pull the headlight valence out until its where it needs to be. It doesnt need to be perfect it just needs to be straight for the headlights. As far as paint goes, it looks like the roof is kinda cooked on the wagon, it definately looks lighter then the rest of the car so maybe a whole car could be painted. You can rattle can it, or roll it. Or you could get one of those wagner house painters and buy a gallon of dupli-color paint shop pro paint. Its everything you need in one can no mixing. The problem is that its not going to come out perfect but it will get the job done. Painting is all in the prep, and since your not driveing it every day thats a plus.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SHW-BSP200/