Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

My 1993 Loyale: Work In Progress

• Please log in to reply
259 replies to this topic

#151 92_rugby_subie

92_rugby_subie

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,990 posts
  • Hillsboro OR

Posted 28 June 2011 - 02:05 AM

Please tell me your joking!? :eek:

He is... don't worry.... (:-\ right?)

Umm. No.

Sound familiar, but rings no bells in my young naive head. :grin:

#152 heartless

heartless

Do YOU Subaru?

• Members
  • 2,592 posts
  • Central Wisconsin

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:45 AM

Umm. No.

Sound familiar, but rings no bells in my young naive head. :grin:

Google is your friend, young naive man... ;)

Louie Armstrong was only one of the greatest jazz trumpet players ever (and a singer as well)

Ella Fitzgerald (same era as Louie) was the "first lady of song" - jazz singer.

#153 TheLoyale

TheLoyale

Safariwagon: The Legend

• Members
  • 6,635 posts
  • Waukesha, WI

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:47 AM

Google is your friend, young naive man... ;)

Louie Armstrong was only one of the greatest jazz trumpet players ever (and a singer as well)

Ella Fitzgerald (same era as Louie) was the "first lady of song" - jazz singer.

A-men!

#154 KaraK

KaraK

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • S.E. Wisc

Posted 28 June 2011 - 07:25 PM

Haha... Louie Armstrong and Ella Fitzgerald are more my style :lol:

Little late in the game here, but Holy crappola! Can't believe this is coming from a 20yr old!!! Right on sister! Check out some Winton Marsalis!

#155 Flowmastered87GL

Flowmastered87GL

WCSS Drunk

• Members
  • 6,087 posts
  • Portland, Oregon

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:44 PM

And Ella Fitzgerald is a ship, from a Gordon Lightfoot song ;)

Thats Edmund Fitzgerald :D

#156 xbeerd

xbeerd

dookin'

• Members
  • 1,022 posts
  • Milwaukee, WI

Posted 28 June 2011 - 10:21 PM

best lyrics ever...

The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down...
...and in the end the big ************in boat sank.

#157 GirlWithALegacy

GirlWithALegacy

Live. XD.

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • Wolf Point, MT

Posted 29 June 2011 - 03:04 AM

:lol: Thx Kara! I bet you were blown away by Tom as well! He's got pretty spiffy musical preferences himself! :grin: Anyhow - Back to my car... :rolleyes:
Nickolai is going to help me cut out the passenger corner that is all crumpled up underneath and replace it with part of one of his parts cars. zzz :eek: He's a lifesaver!
I promise to take lotsa pitchurzz! (Just for you Tom) :lol: Should be up by this weekend. We talked about making the other side a checkerboard too with the rest of his panels from the car I got the hood/fender/door from. :lol:
I guess we'll see!

OH yeah.... drove thru a creek the other day. Our faces got wet... :confused: No Idea how the water got in... but it did. No water on the floor, arms, dash... nothing. Just got a spritz on the face when we hit the water and some washed over the car. :headbang: Oh well... :-p

Edited by GirlWithALegacy, 29 June 2011 - 03:07 AM.

#158 el_freddo

el_freddo

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 504 posts
  • Lancefield, Vic, Aust.

Posted 29 June 2011 - 11:36 AM

With the water leak/spray:

Check that the seal at the top of the windscreen is still good - remove the decal strip to properly inspect it - you can run without this, I've never had mine in since having it on the road which is good as you can keep the area around the windscreen clean ;)

I've got an L series that did the same to me - but it was a waterfall at an automatic car wash :( Turns out that there's about 20cm of rust just along the top of the windscreen... I knew it had some rust in there but wasn't expecting that. So that job is on the things to do list.

Around the windscreen is where these subi's mainly rust out over here...

Great thread you've got going here - I read it from start to finish the other night ;)

Cheers

Bennie

#159 GirlWithALegacy

GirlWithALegacy

Live. XD.

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • Wolf Point, MT

Posted 04 July 2011 - 12:51 AM

"Had a job but I lost it"... but I got my car done! :banana: It's 3 different colors now :grin: I'll post pix later. But we got the front corner unibody replaced. :D As well as we replaced the washer fluid resevoir and a/c lines. Now my headlights point straight! :lol: Also figured out (hopefully) why the cruise doesn't work. the tab that the vacuum line attaches to is broken off. so i figure if I glue it then hopefully it will work. still didnt figure out why my horn isnt working though. we just didn't have time. oh and my exhaust keeps getting louder and we discovered its because one of my exhaust studs has been torn out... :mad:
Big thx to Nickolai for helping me out!!! :clap: (actually he did most the work) :popcorn:
Stay Tuned Folks! :)

#160 el_freddo

el_freddo

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 504 posts
  • Lancefield, Vic, Aust.

Posted 04 July 2011 - 11:26 AM

oh and my exhaust keeps getting louder and we discovered its because one of my exhaust studs has been torn out... :mad:

Get used to that! Mine stripped out all the time until I had all studs held with helicoils... Not fun. EJ solved that problem as well :rolleyes:

Is the cruise factory or aftermarket? We didn't get cruise in our L's over here :( I've fitted an after market unit and its great.

Hope you get another job sorted!

Cheers

Bennie

#161 brumby420

brumby420

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • Athol Idaho

Posted 04 July 2011 - 12:30 PM

Get used to that! Mine stripped out all the time until I had all studs held with helicoils... Not fun. EJ solved that problem as well :rolleyes:

Is the cruise factory or aftermarket? We didn't get cruise in our L's over here :( I've fitted an after market unit and its great.

Hope you get another job sorted!

Cheers

Bennie

I used to get cruise in my subaru all the time. most people call it a sticking throttle but im positive and like to call it cruise control.

#162 GirlWithALegacy

GirlWithALegacy

Live. XD.

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • Wolf Point, MT

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:50 PM

Haha nice Brumby.
And yeah I know many a subaru that's stripped out those studs. Sadly I know nothing about replacing them. Is there any way to get it to quiet down without replacing it?
And my cruise I'm pretty sure is stock.

#163 heartless

heartless

Do YOU Subaru?

• Members
  • 2,592 posts
  • Central Wisconsin

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:48 AM

short of putting in a helicoil - um, no, there is no way to get it to quiet down.

and for the cruise - not sure how well gluing that nipple back on will work - might work for a short time, but kind of doubt that it will hold for long - best bet would be to try to find an unbroken piece at a junkyard and just replace it.

so where are these pics that were mentioned?!?!?!

#164 eulogious

eulogious

Inspiring Subaneer

• Members
  • 1,090 posts
  • Olympia, WA

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:52 AM

For the cruise... I take it you are talking about the little round thing with 2 "nipples" on it, one for engine vacuum, the other to the cruise? If one of those nipples broke off, just find a small, threaded one at Home Depot or Lowes, drill the hole a little bit bigger, and then just screw the new nipple down. I think they should have something small enough to work for you. It will make it's own threads and should seal up fairly well. If it doesn't seal, then throw some silicon on it.

Here's a pic of kinda what I am talking about. The pic is of a cruise control vacuum pump off of a 88 gl-10 turbo and one of the nipple broke off of it, and I was able to fix it using the method I mentioned above...

Posted Image

The green ziptie is the location of the new nipple I added in. Not the best pic, but you can get the idea.

#165 GirlWithALegacy

GirlWithALegacy

Live. XD.

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • Wolf Point, MT

Posted 07 July 2011 - 03:08 PM

Hmm interesting. I'll have to look into that when I get back in town Monday. But I think junkyard would be my best bet... and honestly I can live without cruise... I mean I've been living w/out it for the last 2 years. Its just a luxury really... :grin:

#166 el_freddo

el_freddo

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 504 posts
  • Lancefield, Vic, Aust.

Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:44 AM

I can live without cruise... I mean I've been living w/out it for the last 2 years. Its just a luxury really... :grin:

And it saves heaps on fuel and energy used for driving! I'm saving about 1L per hundred km on cruise compared to using the foot...

Cheers

Bennie

#167 GirlWithALegacy

GirlWithALegacy

Live. XD.

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • Wolf Point, MT

Posted 13 July 2011 - 03:28 AM

I had every intention of posting pertinent progress photos ( :lol: I just made an alliteration) Anyhow... I had the intention of posting those pics.. but it's taken photobucket over half an hour to upload a measly 24 pictures and theres over 40 still to go! SO - somewhere in here is the link to the album if you're desperate... I'm sure you can see them before I'll be awake enough to actually post them in the thread. As for now, I'm going to sleep. Hopefully it will be done uploading by the morning. :rolleyes:

#168 TheLoyale

TheLoyale

• Members
  • 6,635 posts
  • Waukesha, WI

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:37 PM

30min for 24 images! Are you using a 24-Baud modem? :lol:

#169 GirlWithALegacy

GirlWithALegacy

Live. XD.

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • Wolf Point, MT

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:32 PM

No when I woke up like an hour later it was still at 24 pix... so I restarted my lappy and loaded the rest. dunno how long it took but they're all finally on there! Now for the grand finale! (er... not really but.. haha)

#170 GirlWithALegacy

GirlWithALegacy

Live. XD.

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • Wolf Point, MT

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:48 PM

Donor Car :dead:

Posted Image

Deliberating

Posted Image

zzz

Posted Image

My oh my... most people would take my baby to the scrap yard if they saw it like this!!! It's amazing how much potential can be found if you let yourself see it! :grin:

Posted Image

Lining up the amputee.

Posted Image

Finishing up. We put angle iron as reinforcement at all the joints.

Posted Image

Bolts through the crossmember.

Posted Image

Behind the fender, beneath radiator.

Posted Image

We put bolts through the layers that overlapped.

Posted Image

Three different colors! :lol:

Posted Image

Good as new!!! :banana:

Posted Image

BIG SHOUTOUT TO NICKOLAI!!! Without whom, this project would have never been possible! Thank you SO MUCH for all your help! Dom too! You guys are the best! "Ferris you're my Hero!" :headbang:

#171 heartless

heartless

Do YOU Subaru?

• Members
  • 2,592 posts
  • Central Wisconsin

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:36 PM

you can now officially call your car a calico!! hehehe :lol:

#172 TheLoyale

TheLoyale

• Members
  • 6,635 posts
  • Waukesha, WI

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:55 PM

That poor old Hilux... :eek:

#173 92_rugby_subie

92_rugby_subie

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,990 posts
  • Hillsboro OR

Posted 14 July 2011 - 04:26 AM

Did you just bolt it for now and plan to weld it later??

#174 GirlWithALegacy

GirlWithALegacy

Live. XD.

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • Wolf Point, MT

Posted 14 July 2011 - 04:09 PM

Yes and no. I need to put a tack weld on the bolts because they're permanent. But unless I personally learn to weld (which I would like to), I probably wont have the whole thing welded. It's too expensive and really, unnecessary.

PS - Whats a Hilux?

Edited by GirlWithALegacy, 14 July 2011 - 04:12 PM.

#175 T'subaru

T'subaru

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 443 posts
  • T'sunami Coast WA

Posted 14 July 2011 - 04:28 PM

sweet :)
If you havnt named her yet how 'bout Spodie :grin:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users