Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My 1993 Loyale: Work In Progress

GirlWithALegacy

Speaking of vodka... can't they make alcohol out of Potatoes? :lol:

yes, they can and there are many, there is vodka made from potatoes. and its 100% gluten free! (hooray for diabetics). there is minute amount of gluten in 'grain' vodka however not enough to have an impact.

here you go...

Blue Ice American Vodka – United States

Made from Idaho's Russet Burbank Potato. Rated #1 American vodka in 2003 by Chicago Beverage Testing Institute. Won Gold Medal at 2005 San Francisco World Spirits Competition. Distilled in Rigby, Idaho by Distilled Resources, Inc., the only distiller of potato vodka in the U.S.

Most potato vodkas seem to be eastern european/russian

Walker??? :confused:

No, no, no, you mean Jack Daniels - MMMMmmmm

Jack & Ginger - nothin like it! :grin:

x2. ;) Jacks mighty tasty, however for shots i prefer jameson.

also good is Capt Morgan Tatoo, drank a load of that the other day and woke up with a tatoo drawn on my arm with a pen. LOL!:lol::lol:

x2. ;) Jacks mighty tasty, however for shots i prefer jameson.

also good is Capt Morgan Tatoo, drank a load of that the other day and woke up with a tatoo drawn on my arm with a pen. LOL!:lol::lol:

and just what kind of "tattoo" did you get?? was it the Capt. himself or something else?

Shots? dont do shots, sippin whiskey - Crown Royal, baby :cool:

heck, what am i talkin about, i dont drink hardly at all anymore - once, maybe twice a year... :rolleyes:

Either way, lets not forget what this thread is about. Its about Crystal's '93 Loyale and her adventrue with it!

"Subaru does not promote Drinking and Driving"

KInda ironic that some race vehicles have Alcohol Sponsors ;)

With my luck if id probly get drunk and wake up with a mitsubishi emblem on my forehead :grin:

and just what kind of "tattoo" did you get?? was it the Capt. himself or something else?

:

it was a giant PI symbol . and on top of it was a "I ♥ ", however i dont think it was relating to math or food. :lol:

Either way, lets not forget what this thread is about. Its about Crystal's '93 Loyale and her adventrue with it!

"Subaru does not promote Drinking and Driving"

KInda ironic that some race vehicles have Alcohol Sponsors ;)

or when a marathon is sponsored by McDonalds or something.

So I got the nipple for my cruise and replaced it.... Cruise is a.... no. :(

Does it not engage? Check the connection to the cruise computer if you haven't already. Maybe I missed something, but a '93 Loyale with factory cruise? Must be the dealer add-on.

• 2 weeks later...

A friend advised the tap and die rather than helicoil.. he's run into problems w/the helicoil route. So I went to the partshouse to get the tap and die stuff and when I explained what I was doing they insisted on helicoil... which I don't have money for even if I WANTED to go that route... So I bought my airfilter and left. So one thing was accomplished.. airfilter is in! :banana: lol. But I'm low on oil and need a change desperately!

You can do the "loan-a-tool" thing at places like Autozone for their 'thread restorer set' or just out-right buy a metric tap & die kit from the same for roughly $20. Don't tell them what you're doing, go in as if you know exactly what you're doing and they won't be able to insist they sell you the wrong tool.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Oops I totally suck at keeping this updated huh?

Well I replaced my driver side headlight with a shiny new purty one! :D (Thx Rugby!!!!!)

And my neighbor came over and rescued my butt from the woes of my stupid exhaust! :banana: Its still loud and my engine has an annoying tack but it doesn't sound like the love-child of a lawn mower and a helicopter anymore.. :lol:

I noticed I need to get a better seal on the passenger back door.. every time I drive down a dirt road I get a mound of dirt on the floor from it seeping in.. :mad: and also the resevoir for my rear wiper fluid is shot. Leaks through the body onto the ground.. :-\

Aaaaand my windshield still leaks... but we're getting there! :rolleyes:

As for the acceleration.. someone mentioned possibly the throttle body positioning sensor. Or the vacuum lines. But here's whats going on.. I'll go to floor it and it will lug horribly.. but if I take my foot off the gas and floor it again.. or just adjust it slightly sometimes that'll do the trick. Does that sound like TBPS? I havent hardly had time to look into it.. but I figured if anyone has an idea as to where I can start that'd be helpful. :D

I'll get pix up when I can! ( which may be never.. XD )

Have you checked the condition and gapping of your plugs?

Mine would occasionally bog on acceleration under 3k rpm just after I bought it; pulled the plugs and they looked fine but the gaps were all over the place (one gap was all the way out to .067+ !). Gapped them all back to .043 and much mo' bettah now.

Though it does sound much like a lawn mower with the broken y-pipe :D

I had an old 85 Hatchback that would hardly run, (would seem fine until getting up to about 25MPH then just chug along) here it was the fuel filter that need changed.

Just got done reading the whole tread and am amazed at the progress on Rook. (Actually suprised when I realized you were a female and tackleing this project):)

The sparks are pretty new but I bought pre-gapped so I never looked at em... its an easy check so I'll do that first chance I get.

Pump is good and filter is spankin new so I'm confidant its not either of those. I'll post what happens. :)

And yeah... I go to beauty school so when I mention working on my car everyone's like :o What did you just say?! But you're a GIRL!!! :rollseyes: