Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Build page.

Cpt. Stooby

Build from my old '89 RX

EA82 SPFI shortblock with factory internals 9.5:1 CR

Rebuilt EA82T gen 2 turbo heads with full port and polish and gasket matching

Delta Cams 260 street cams

'88 XT N/A spider intake with reclocked throttle body and turbo water inlet adapter

Nissan 280ZX turbo injectors

Rising Rate Fuel Pressure Regulator

WRX top mount intercooler

Samco intercooler hose set

TD04 turbo @12psi @7200 feet above sea level

Megan Racing 3" bellmouth downpipe to 3" out the back

AEM cold air intake with silicone connectors and K&N Filter

Stage 2 kevlar clutch and XT6 flywheel

Crawford Air/Oil Seperator

Greddy Auto Turbo Timer

Greddy Profec 2 B-Spec electronic boost controller

I probably had more stuff done to it but once I blew the final engine, I was done with the EA82Ts

Cant find an ea82t build page. Just looking for proven upgrades.

You're not looking hard enough...

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=111136&highlight=EA82T

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=106291&highlight=EA82T

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=88249&highlight=EA82T

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=88468&highlight=EA82T

Please do some searching/reading and dont expect to be spoon fed all the info.

Wow that seems like a pretty bad rump roast motor. How did it go. And would you recomend this build to anyone?

He blew it up!

And no, I would not recommend this for anyone (thats new to EA82T's)

Turbone ur a moderator yeah. The guy didnt seem to have a problem writing that out for me. Ur search tab doesnt work on my mobile internet. And ive been through every page on every forum. So u calm down if you can type 30 words a minute then im not taking much of your time. besides the forum is for me to ask questions. Get over yourself. Ur not my daddy quit tryin to be.

Turbone ur a moderator yeah. The guy didnt seem to have a problem writing that out for me. Ur search tab doesnt work on my mobile internet. And ive been through every page on every forum. So u calm down if you can type 30 words a minute then im not taking much of your time. besides the forum is for me to ask questions. Get over yourself. Ur not my daddy quit tryin to be.

Woah slow down there skip. Turbone is one of the guys who had a built EA82T and even his (rebuilt CCR engine) didn't last. I have posted up my information on my build numerous times and since I've realized from your other posts that you DON'T SEARCH, thought I'd give you a recipe for a blown engine, just like all the other EA82Ts that myself and Turbone have had.

So unless you are going to search before asking questions that have been clearly covered in the past, stop making new threads. Now, go blow up your EA82T so you can come cry to us about it breaking and how to fix it. I know how to fix it and get more power from it, and thats to replace it with something like my or Turbone's swap.

Edited by Qman

So you quoted me but obviously didnt read. Search doesn not work on mobile internet for some reason. 2 ive manually searched but since all of the pages are 2010 or older you cant find them. And if u guys are tired of the question post the page like you did with the ej swap page and get off my back you feel me. Ive come here for answer not to be ridiculed for being a "noob".

just a fyi Turbone prolly IS your dad, youd know that if you searched. anyway, dont take it too personally. 2 or 3 people a month ask the same questions you do. the short answer is that its $$$$$ and effort on something that is easily outdone by means of less money. welcome aboard, lets see some respect.

cheers, RV

Curiosity has struck me again. May i ask what kind of ea82t vehicle you have? I had a 1988 gl10 wagon i bought for $50. it needed notoriously awful 3at installed which i figured would be easy enough and if not i would simply put a 5 speed in it. This car had sat for years and i had absolutey no idea whether it ran or not. I wanted to try to start it or at least make it turn over before i take the time and money to install a transmission into it. Unfortunately it has a neutral safety switch and all kinds of other computer stuff and since im a wrench turner and not a computer person i simply got discouraged and gave up on it. Now i know there probably was some way i could have made it run but i had no idea how so i took the easy way out and sold it to pull and save where it currently sits getting parts picked from othe USMB members and awaiting eventually be turned into the beer can either of you may have to buy for one another.

Curiosity has struck me again. May i ask what kind of ea82t vehicle you have? I had a 1988 gl10 wagon i bought for $50. it needed notoriously awful 3at installed which i figured would be easy enough and if not i would simply put a 5 speed in it. This car had sat for years and i had absolutey no idea whether it ran or not. I wanted to try to start it or at least make it turn over before i take the time and money to install a transmission into it. Unfortunately it has a neutral safety switch and all kinds of other computer stuff and since im a wrench turner and not a computer person i simply got discouraged and gave up on it. Now i know there probably was some way i could have made it run but i had no idea how so i took the easy way out and sold it to pull and save where it currently sits getting parts picked from othe USMB members and awaiting eventually be turned into the beer can either of you may have to buy for one another.

On 3AT cars, its easy to bypass that switch as its located in the shifter. Remove the 6 wire plug (I think its a 6 wire plug) from the shifter, find the biggest black and black/yellow wires, put a jumper between the two and start it up. My silver RX was a 3AT and I jumped it there when I swapped in the RX drivetrain (was a GL coupe) and ran it like that for a few years.

Cant find an ea82t build page. Just looking for proven upgrades.

There aren't any "proven" upgrades other than swapping that engine out for an EJ. An EJ22 will make more power without the turbo, will get better mileage doing it, and will outlast the POS you currently have by at least double or tripple..... multiply that by another 10x if you mod your 82T. It's a waste of time and money and will end in tears. If you want to keep driving it for any length of time march down to the dealer and have them order ALL the coolant hoses in the car, get a good two-row radiator in it, and if you want a mod that will help it live longer add a 2.0 WRX intercooler but don't touch the boost. Just leave it be but keep it cool and you might get some mileage out of it.

GD

On 3AT cars, its easy to bypass that switch as its located in the shifter. Remove the 6 wire plug (I think its a 6 wire plug) from the shifter, find the biggest black and black/yellow wires, put a jumper between the two and start it up. My silver RX was a 3AT and I jumped it there when I swapped in the RX drivetrain (was a GL coupe) and ran it like that for a few years.

Thats a good idea. i dont think i will ever own one again but thanks for the advice. Honestly when i think about it the whole thing seemed like a shoddy idea. they claimed it had a good tranny and good motor but when i think about it theres no reason why someone would pull apart the tranny on a car that ran good so it obviously had some issues. Anyways my ea82t story worked out well in the end because i only spent $50 and ended up getting $100 for it. now if anyone is ever at pull n save and sees a dark red suby with the left head light and fender bashed in (got carried away drifting in my truck one night) be sure to say hi to it and perhaps pick off some parts if you need any.

I strongly suggest an ej swap if you want some more pep the swap is very easy and affordable not to mention super reliable.

I have had two turbo cars and they both blew up lol one at wcss9 88 turbo wagon 4x4 after playing in the mud...

Then the other is an 87 gl10 turbo sedan 4x4 threw a rod after a drag race i won but the car did not drive home on its own power.

Subarus blowing up is not normal

But for EA82Ts it is...

EA82Ts Not Even Once...

Cheers Rob.

Cpt. Stooby, if you scroll all the way to the bottom of the page, there are

some links to related threads in a box.

Since you can't search via your phone, that's a good spot to go to for extra

info.

They are often very old threads, as I have seen some from 2004 have pop up

there.

Also, for your own safety and sanity, don't attack the mods.

Its a VERY bad idea.

Twitch