Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1990 subaru legacy L... Sensor prob? wiring prob?

Ok so I disconnected the alternator, and there was no change in the engine.

I plugged the two black wires together and I got these codes.

32 Oxygen Sensor or Circuit

35 Purge Control Solenoid or Circuit

41 Air/Fuel Adaptive Control

22 Knock Sensor or Circuit

24 Air Control Valve or Circuit

What do you guys think?

Considering I allready had a little issue with the wireing harness could all of his these things be running on one plug or something? Also the engine sat for about a year before the swap... could all of these sensors be bad?

I could be misreading but I think you said you are missing 1 plug on the intake manifold harness that was the smaller of the 3. That one usually has mostly sensor grounds in it if I am remembering correctly. It would certainly explain all of the codes, in essence "ghost" codes as the sensitivity is too high (sorta).

You really need an entire engine harness most likely the battery corrosion got into those connectors. Lots of patience, de-pinning the main harness side, cleaning with a brush and dielectric grease coating after, might also work.

Theres TONS of those cars up in your area. Gotta be a pull a part yard around with a harness you can get. Dare I say a huge majority of the USMB members are from your corner of the country even! Post a parts wanted thread?

I wouldn't splice because some of these are shielded wire setups like coax with signals coming/going to the engine.

yea just money is tight right now so if I can get by with a 3 dollar fix Id be down. I think Im going to try it, really what do I got to lose.

I dont think its corrosion on the plug... The plug looks all tore up like someone tried to unplug it but didnt know what they were doing. Im thinking the plug got the wrong end of a screw driver and now its all gapped out... just my theory.

Theres TONS of those cars up in your area. Gotta be a pull a part yard around with a harness you can get. Dare I say a huge majority of the USMB members are from your corner of the country even! Post a parts wanted thread?

I wouldn't splice because some of these are shielded wire setups like coax with signals coming/going to the engine.

Things is that there are tons of em up here. Which means most the junk yards and "pick a part shops" are fairly well sifted through. There freaking too popular up here. Only car Ive ever owned that Ive parked in a grocerie store parking lot and there would be 3 or 4 white subarus just like mine all in a row.