Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

350,000 Miles!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 axgutt

axgutt

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Virginia

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:06 PM

So I rolled into my garage after work with the odometer sitting on 350,003 miles (95 Legacy L wagon, 5 speed). I then check the mail and see that my DMV registration renewal has arrived. I have the option of renewing for one, two, or three years. Three years is tempting - I can save $5. That would get me through about 425,000 miles. ;) Can't pull the trigger on that. One year at a time has served me well. I keep joking that this car will be my 5 year old's first car.

#2 Fairtax4me

Fairtax4me

Su bah roo'n

• Gold Subscribers
  • 9,083 posts
  • Charlottesburg, VA

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:16 PM

If you renew online you can save $6! :grin:

I've done that the past 3 or 4 times. Simple and quick. Then you get the stickers and new card in the mail in about a week.

#3 subaruguru

subaruguru

Scammer

• Members
  • 1,642 posts
  • Yakima Wa,

Posted 11 April 2011 - 07:24 PM

nice man if you take care of it it could be your 5 yr olds first car :)

Cheers R

#4 bendecker

bendecker

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Lakeside, CA

Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:04 PM

Way cool. So, I gotta ask -- what have you had to do to it over all those miles?

#5 Durania

Durania

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,113 posts
  • Crossville, TN

Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:06 PM

That's nuts. I pray my 95 Outback holds out as long as yours has. 2nd gear synco is a bet of a complainer though.:-\

#6 cohophysh

cohophysh

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • olympia

Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:28 PM

I am right behind ya with 330,000 90 legacy 5spd

#7 lostinthe202

lostinthe202

Currently Lost in the 510

• Members
  • 1,094 posts
  • Oakland, Ca

Posted 12 April 2011 - 12:07 AM

I say you go for the three year renewal. VA will prorate your remaining registration if you get another vehicle (I used to live there and have done it several times.)

Congrats!

Will-

#8 djmark7

djmark7

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 235 posts
  • NW New Jersey

Posted 12 April 2011 - 01:37 AM

98 leg wagon 2.2 270k runs like a clock

#9 axgutt

axgutt

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Virginia

Posted 12 April 2011 - 08:38 AM

Almost nothing. I bought it in 2003 with 174,000 miles for $2300. I had to get an exhaust hanger clip right away, which was really cheap - I think the sound it was making had scared people away. I've had 2 or 3 wheel bearings replaced, the clutch at around 275,000, a few O2 sensors, and I did a Seafoam treatment last year when I had a stuck exhaust valve. Other than that it's been normal wear and tear stuff - some brakes, lots of oil changes, three timing belts and related seals, a water pump with the second timing belt, some bulbs . . . that's about it.

Needless to say I've been very, very spoiled by this car.

Way cool. So, I gotta ask -- what have you had to do to it over all those miles?

#10 bendecker

bendecker

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Lakeside, CA

Posted 12 April 2011 - 09:59 AM

That's amazing. I have a '96 automatic (which I believe has the same engine as yours) and it's going strong at 215k miles. Looks like I have a standard to live up to now! :)

#11 axgutt

axgutt

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Virginia

Posted 12 April 2011 - 10:02 AM

My wife has a '95 automatic. We did have to have a transmission but in around 230,000 which hurt (about $1100 when all said and done). She now has 260,000 on it. We bought that one back in 2005 for $2500 with 130,000 miles on it.

That's amazing. I have a '96 automatic (which I believe has the same engine as yours) and it's going strong at 215k miles. Looks like I have a standard to live up to now! :)

#12 Rooster2

Rooster2

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 3,753 posts
  • Indianapolis

Posted 12 April 2011 - 10:27 AM

To have reached 350K miles, is a testimony to Subaru motors, and I bet you changed the oil frequently during the years. Keeping fresh oil in the motor is an inexpensive way to reach that extra high millage. Congrats on the 350K milestone!

#13 axgutt

axgutt

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Virginia

Posted 12 April 2011 - 10:29 AM

Pretty religiously every 3000 miles. I use Castrol High-Mileage, and typically Purolator filters, with an occasional Fram when I'm lazy. Usually I run 10 w 30. I typically burn through about a quart between changes - more if I run it hard.

To have reached 350K miles, is a testimony to Subaru motors, and I bet you changed the oil frequently during the years. Keeping fresh oil in the motor is an inexpensive way to reach that extra high millage. Congrats on the 350K milestone!

#14 gbianchi

gbianchi

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • Cda,Id.

Posted 12 April 2011 - 11:03 AM

http://thebratpen.com/?p=6 just a photo of our MILEstone.......G:banana:

#15 bendecker

bendecker

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Lakeside, CA

Posted 12 April 2011 - 12:20 PM

http://thebratpen.com/?p=6 just a photo of our MILEstone.......G:banana:

Like your site. Suprised I've never seen it before.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users