Ultimate Subaru Message Board

newest project begins RS number 174

I hate that i couldnt buy it but im glad you got to. Now to try and pry it out of your hands.

drove home fine, front struts are DEAD.......it's loud with exhaust, otherwise seems stock... hard to find stock ones i guess. grrr part it or what? even with the dead struts, it seemed more go cart like than i am used to (well CRX is more even) but hey for soobs....

i guess will look at it and see....

Awesome. I would not part that car out, up here there are NONE, and when you do find one it's so rusty the rear subframe is trying to detach itself. I would have killed for this car a year ago, before I found my wrx... And that's the first year of the RS so it has the no foglight bumper (which I prefer) and does that have a SOHC or a DOHC engine? I feel like a read somewhere it was the DOHC for the first year?

sorry. But my brother now needs a set of wRX stockers, preferable with snows, or else just bare for next winter....

you stil runnning the Hankook Ventus on them>

yeah, still have the Hankooks on...

I got a set of 15x7 wheels but haven't gotten tires yet.... so the WRX stockers can go away, but I'd like saome goldies :)

• 3 weeks later...

out with the coffee can mod lol seen here.

DSCF0033.jpg?t=1304543282

yes and it was loud whistling when idle.

back in with this:

DSCF0035.jpg?t=1304543282

and i also sourced the scoop under covers from the same member and installed them as well

seen here

DSCF0036.jpg?t=1304543282

now, just the exhaust left for back to stock. Rust repair to start when i get some funds.

Looks like my camera date proved we make it to 2012

and for fun lol

DSCF0025.jpg?t=1304543506

Edited by bheinen74

I think me buying it is out of the question at this point. No one wants to give me close what i paid for the truck and im not loseing my a** on it. Ill take a loss but some of these offers are just silly. I still say keep it, its a fun little car and probally will get better mpg then the outback since its lighter.

well the short list of must haves:

replace windshield

get exhaust with cats and 02's right now it has no 02 and it throws like 9 codes

airbag light intermittent on, non horn, seems like clock spring as the light has stayed off a few times.

front struts are VERY DEAD.

It was not well maintained.

rust and dents

it does have newer clutch and newer brakes and tires are quite good.