Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So...Am I the first to have an STI gearset in his Brat?

renob123

If we decide to do that then we will reinforce the strut tower area and add a slotting system that can accurately adjust the camber via a series of holes.

GD

Yeah, I've seen video of rally cars hitting a bump, and the strut flies up through the hood. I'd hate to get a DNF because of that:lol:

I was thinking about just one pair of holes, and using math to decide where they should be:banana:

Jacob

• 3 weeks later...

Well, my engine has been shaking like a chihuahua lately, so I opted to get a fancy 4-piece mount set from importimageracing.com for $200. They're supposedly the same as the Group N mounts. They have the same durometer readings and the Group N mounts, and they look the same, so I'm inclined to believe it.

Shhhh! Don't tell anyone they're Megan Racing mounts! All I have to do is install them, and nobody will know.

IMG_20110508_144924.jpg

The stock 5-speed mount is a joke compared to the new one:

IMG_20110508_155031.jpg

It's a little hard to see, but here's the transmission mount attached to GD's custom crossmember. For his hard work on my pitch stopper, I gave GD the one that came with this kit. It's a standard dogbone type, which is useless on the Brat.

IMG_20110508_155313.jpg

I got my first Subaru about 6 years ago, and since then, I've driven quite a few. I thought the bogging/lurching thing when you initially push on the gas is just how they worked. I drove the Brat around a little bit with the new mounts. It's a very good upgrade. There is no bogging/lurching on throttle and on lift-off. Shifting is much more precise. I think it actually sounds meaner now, too, somehow:lol:

I'll definitely be doing this on STI as well.

Jacob