Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi

I am after any help or infomation on converting my automatic 1993 legacy GT i am looking at fitting a 1994 manual wrx set up it looks to be much the same engine bay as my legacy

and also the same turbo set up with the 90 deg on the turbo inlet what i am un sure of is will the wrx pedal box be able to fit my legacy.

and will i have any problems with fitting the wiring loom into the legacy.

the legacy is a private import from japan to Australia

so is the wrx half cut that i am looking at.

any help would be great

Thanks Daniel

The engine will drop in, and the tranny will perfectly work... I think you can still reuse your driveshaft from your automatic tranny (assuming both applications are AWD)

the wiring harness shouldn't be too hard. I looked at mine the other day and was thinking "this is cakewalk." If you were near me I'd help you with the ECU stuff just cuz I'm a nice guy. But I live on the west coast US. heh.

Also... mark tape around all of the connections from the front cut, with codes. like A1, A2 (if they are connectors of the same shape) and then go to B1 and B2 for connectors that are the same shape but different than the A(s) shape.

Mark on both sides (ECU side and engine side) with a piece of tape and the same code. that way when you disconnect everything, you know what it connects to. Even if it's electrical wiring. ANY single wire in your compartment that touches something on the engine or an ine necessity part, put tape on it and say on it where it goes... or whatever. like a ground you would put on your tape "GND to fenderwell" like I have one down there.

Not too confusing was I?

Thanks for the help man

looks like i will have a project in the garage for a while

i have chatted to a local auto electrician about the elec side of things and he assures me that its easily done

also the reason i am fitting this new engine is that my auto has some bad noises going on and also suffers bad torque bind and the engine is down on compression in 2 cylinders.

Thanks Daniel