Ultimate Subaru Message Board

BRAT Meet 2011 - Leavenworth

Is there cell phone reception in that area? Being memorial day weekend I'd imagine the possibility that your spot may be taken. Of course I don't know that area at all so perhaps not. But if it is, and you cant camp there, do you have a 2nd choice, or a way of contact? Just wondering :)

The phone reception is in and out. But if that spot is taken then there are more places just a hop, skip, and a jump away.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Umtanum creek is a really cool trail. I go mountain biking on it every once in a while.

Sorry the camping isnt as straight forward as it could be, if it werent for the mud slide i would know exactly where a good free spot is near Leavenworth.

Should be a great weekend!

I found a new alternative for camping, http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&qscrl=1&gl=us&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1280&bih=685&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=tumwater+campground+leavenworth&fb=1&gl=us&hq=tumwater+campground+leavenworth&hnear=tumwater+campground+leavenworth&cid=0,0,9951026098542253938&ei=zYrcTZOEB4vGsAPJ_8SUBw&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CBcQnwIwAA

That is where i plan to stay, its free on the other side of the road from this campground. Never been there myself but heard there are pit toilets and its decent. And its a good location for the weekend.

For any of you who are going to be in Leavenworth before sunday there are some events to check out on saturday. The Professor Paddle Ball http://www.professorpaddle.com/balls/2011/ will be goin on throughout the day and should be fun to watch if your into kayaking.

Also a couple of my buddies will be will be running the tumwater canyon with the creature craft crew on saturday, that will be a sight to see, its going to be some big water :eek: kinda like this

Anyways hope you all are as excited as i am for this weekend :grin:

-Andy

Dont know if I am going to make it this year, but if I do... Is there going to be a drive or show and shine like last year?

I think both, as per original post.

Its time for our second annual Subaru BRAT Meet!

Date - Sunday, May 29th

Location - Leavenworth, WA

Event - BBQ :banana:

Details -

We will be gathering in Leavenworth on Sunday. Initial meeting spot will be at the Leavenworth Safeway http://maps.google.com/maps?rlz=1C1CHMY_enUS310US310&qscrl=1&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=leavenworth,+wa+safeway&fb=1&gl=us&hq=safeway&hnear=Leavenworth,+WA&cid=0,0,18314805689797897597&ei=oDS2TYKEMJL0tgOj2sCpAQ&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=2&ved=0CCQQnwIwAQ Between 10:30am and 11:00am. We will be leaving Leavenworth around 11 and heading up hwy 2 to Lake Wenatchee where we will have a bbq (if that spot is too busy then we will head to Swiftwater Picnic Area on hwy 2). After that the day is yours; hang out as long as you want, head into Leavenworth, head for the 4x4 trails, go rock climbing, its up to you!

BBQ Details -

This will be a potluck style bbq, bring any and all types of food you want! I myself will bring some burgers, dogs, and bratwurst with buns and some condiments.

The grill i have is pretty small, so if anyone has a grill they are willing to bring then please do, if anything mine will work.

Last years meet was a lot of fun, and I hope that this year will be just as good if not better. So who's coming?

p.s. - Details subject to change if necessary.

Dont know if I am going to make it this year, but if I do... Is there going to be a drive or show and shine like last year?

Let me know if you go or not, was hoping to caravan with you.

What about taking Chumstick Rd out of Leavenworth to Lake Wenatchee?

It looks like it was made for Subaru's.

What about taking Chumstick Rd out of Leavenworth to Lake Wenatchee?

It looks like it was made for Subaru's.

We could do that, maybe even make a loop out of it (up chumstick down hwy 2)

I will be in Leavenworth almost all weekend, plan to still meet at the safeway at the east end of town.

If anything comes up or anyone needs anything my cell is 253-381-6539, shoot me a call or text.

-Andy

Let me know if you go or not, was hoping to caravan with you.

If I do diside to go it would be tomorrow that I figure it out, would leave about 7-7:30 and would come back in the afternoon. I know it's a lot of driving but have to take care of the horses since everyone else skipped town...

If I do diside to go it would be tomorrow that I figure it out, would leave about 7-7:30 and would come back in the afternoon. I know it's a lot of driving but have to take care of the horses since everyone else skipped town...

I'll be leaving about 7am. I've decided to run up 405 to hwy 2 because I-90 has const going on and traffic will be a mess. Its actually the same distance/time for me.

Also looking at NOAA it shows a 30% chance of rain :-\

Edited by Turbone

Ya I think its gonna be a, cool , damp trip this year.

My son and I are headed out now, were gonna camp at Umptunam Creek tonight and then drive the 1.5 hours to Leavenworth tomorrow in the morn.

Hope we have a good turn out this year.

DANG my luck.

last year i was all readyto go. my brat was stuttering, seemd an felt like a major problem. turned out the rear fuel filter was full of crud.

fixed that in less than 5 minutes and 5 dollars.

This year, my bra was running decent, smooth and reliable at least, not much power though.

so i got ambitious and removed the ea81 <200,800miles>.

with the intent of cleaning out crud, new gaskets, shave heads for compression, and markjw generously offered some spi pistons, so even ore compression. and i had recently bought the magnaflow cat conv/ Y-pipe replacement for my rusting factory exhaust. even brand new, the exhaust obvioulsy was built with a lot of pinches.

for anyone interested, it made a DEFINITE difference, power and a nicer sound. otherwise, my only upgrade was the weber.

long story short, i cleaned the heads and block and everything, inside an out, spotlessly clean. i ordered the only full gasket set i could find. <not many ea81 gasket sets available, btw.>

estimatedshipping time, 12 days. today it is about 40 days later, yea, FORTY days later. no gaskets. and the wost part is, this years brat meet is much closer to me. i am not far from north bend.

any tips on where t get gaskets? mayb someone near me ca help with a quick reassembly? i have plenty of cash, at least by brat budget standards, not mercedes standards, but hey, I WOULD honstly rather drive a brat even if i owned microsoft or boeing.

DANG my luck.

last year i was all readyto go. my brat was stuttering, seemd an felt like a major problem. turned out the rear fuel filter was full of crud.

fixed that in less than 5 minutes and 5 dollars.

This year, my bra was running decent, smooth and reliable at least, not much power though.

so i got ambitious and removed the ea81 <200,800miles>.

with the intent of cleaning out crud, new gaskets, shave heads for compression, and markjw generously offered some spi pistons, so even ore compression. and i had recently bought the magnaflow cat conv/ Y-pipe replacement for my rusting factory exhaust. even brand new, the exhaust obvioulsy was built with a lot of pinches.

for anyone interested, it made a DEFINITE difference, power and a nicer sound. otherwise, my only upgrade was the weber.

long story short, i cleaned the heads and block and everything, inside an out, spotlessly clean. i ordered the only full gasket set i could find. <not many ea81 gasket sets available, btw.>

estimatedshipping time, 12 days. today it is about 40 days later, yea, FORTY days later. no gaskets. and the wost part is, this years brat meet is much closer to me. i am not far from north bend.

any tips on where t get gaskets? mayb someone near me ca help with a quick reassembly? i have plenty of cash, at least by brat budget standards, not mercedes standards, but hey, I WOULD honstly rather drive a brat even if i owned microsoft or boeing.

One day notice is not enough time to help with a reassembly :-\

Sorry you had to wait 40days for a gasket set. I get most of my parts (non OEM) from Rock Auto and never had to wait more than a week.

And its actually further away this year (for the west side folks).