Ultimate Subaru Message Board

L.B. My 83 coupe

SWEET LB'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!

What kind of mileage do you get out of LB? A friend of mine bought an '84 Coupe 2wd 5spd and after a tune-up and de-emissioning the carb he's getting anywhere from 30-36. Little thing runs like a bat outta hell.

I have no clue about the mileage... the car hasnt seen the road in 2 and a half years ( ?) and not at all since the new motor and weber carb.

The Impreza has WAY to many miles on it for the year ( 72K and its a 2008)

I thought I was bad with 53k on my 09 STI and since December I've been driving my 84GL about 85% of the time; except for that road trip to Vegas for Christmas. I'm about to do the first brake job on the GL since WCSS6.

Just an update... L.B.s new bumper should be here Monday or Tuesday :D:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:and Backwoodsboy is looking into getting me the trim clips I need..once we figure out which of the 2 kinds I have.

Annd today his NEW rear bumper got here!!! It was a rather squeeeeeful day... First my 78 Datsun 280Z came home from the terrible garage he was at... then L.B.s bumper.... going to start putting the coupe back together this weekend.

Just unboxed the BEAUTIFUL NOS rear bumper for L.B. and even though I cross reference part numbers the add said it was for 80-82 ..But it is the right one.. Now to start putting the little blue coupe back together. Backwoodsboy found me the trim clips I need. I could probably have the car back together in a weekend or 2 ..then he should just need tires and some other minor stuff and he can be registered and driveable. Forgot he could probably do with a new transmission in the future since I remember 3rd gears syncro is out...just have to know the trick to it.

* Note... I just realized that I dont have one of the bolt assemblies to attach the bumper shocks to the bumper.. The old one was rusted fast onto the old bumper. I thought I had one when I got the new shock but I just checked the box and no bolt :(

Edited by Bucky92

That 5 speed is actually the original one to my coupe...so it has 52K original miles on it :eek:. Should shift like butter once you run some ATF in it for a bit then 75w90 gear oil. Glad its going to go to good use.

When that trans goes in i would replace all the shifter bushings (remembering how your shifter felt lol). After that it will shift like a new subaru.

What do you think we are doing come August 13th at the cookout hmmm???? Tranny swap!! wont take up but a few moments to do so...and no ones butt hairs should end up catching on fire since I dont think my angle grinder will be needed :D

u just like your butt flaming :lol:

If we are doing a trans swap then here is your shopping list for august

-Tranny mounts (the ones on the side and the small little one that is basically a shifter mount at the back)

Shifter bushings (there should be 4, 2 rubber bushings and two plastic sleeve bushings)

I cant remember what that rear shifter seal looked like on that trans but if it looks a bit wet then that seal too.

Do you have a new clutch kit in LB too? If not i have the original clutch from the coupe (52k miles on it) so it has plenty of meat on it. You can have that if you need along with the matching flywheel.

Edited by hatchsub