Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Sad news in the US Rally community

Numbchux

I heard about this last night, a friend was competing in MaxAttack and posted about this.

It a tragic accident that reminds us how dangerous and unpredictable these events can be(unfortunately they seem to come with the sport), thoughts and prayers go out to family and friends of Matt Marker.

Ben

I was working the Brooklyn stage (stages 4 and 5). He was running pretty raggedy on 5 and another marshal and I commented that he must have broken something and that maybe we should call it in as a safety concern. We didn't.

It also sucked that one of the contributing factors was a drunk spectator. But I guess that's a long story that needs to go somewhere else.

Our team (primitive car 233 )was first on scene and stopped the stage and put up triangles.

I was crewing and we heard the news over the ham .

We saw the lifeflight come and go...and shortly after a group meeting at the service area in South bend. Then the sad news of the driver passing..

It was a very somber moment...Our prayers and thought go out the family and friends..

The rest of the day was cancelled and the next day maxx attack / national rally was cancelled thru Sun.