Ultimate Subaru Message Board

just got a new scooby :) lots of pics

picked this up a couple days ago, 91' legacy, awd, 5-speed, wagon, power everything. and only 97k miles :grin:. and yes this was the one in portland CL a few days ago.. i snagged it up, drove like 8 hours round trip to get it.. was well worth it.. cleanest i have ever seen.. needs nothing.. well maybe a set of tires.. and rex wheels...:slobber:

coming from the east coast its a relief to find a scooby like this and not a million miles and rusted out.. lol

DSC02414.jpg

DSC02411.jpgDSC02412.jpgDSC02416.jpgDSC02417.jpgDSC02415.jpg

maf looks ok to me? course its been awhile since i had a legacy...

Paul, yeah i lurk about sometimes :) this one cost me a bit, but was worth every penny :grin:

i do have to figure out why the cruise doesn;t work tho, button lights up, i hear the click in the dash, and nothing else..

maf looks ok to me? course its been awhile since i had a legacy...

It just looks shiny.

I'm used to seeing a black plastic one there, not a metal one :)

Paul, yeah i lurk about sometimes :) this one cost me a bit, but was worth every penny :grin:

i do have to figure out why the cruise doesn;t work tho, button lights up, i hear the click in the dash, and nothing else..

Was it a factory manual?

If not, you'll have to switch a wire, I don't remember which one it is though...

Twitch

PS: Can you start the car without pushing in the clutch?

That tells you if your car has a functioning clutch switch.

If you can, it doesn't, if you can't, it does.

Edited by Twitch de la Brat
Forgot details

There's a little button that the clutch pedal pushes when it comes up. That closes the circuit for the cruise. If the spring that pulls the clutch all the way up is broken or unhooked OR if the little pad fell off it's tab towards the top of the clutch pedal then that would prevnt that button from being pushed and the circuit would remain open.

yeah it was a factory manual, all original still , it was the little rubber tab on the clutch pedal, was worn all the way through and stuck on the switch :rolleyes: so the switch wasn't closing like it should, 2 zip ties cut off through the hole in the pedal arm and all works as it should.. :banana: i always love how easy these are to work on.

Maf-- guess its original lol..

Talk about clean, what a score! Doesn't even look like a hint of rust on the steel wheels. Well worth whatever the price was!:grin:

nope no rust anywhere, the wheels have the original finish on them a couple tiny scratches from the hubcaps (they looked like crap imo)

was only $2800 :) i can't help but think i stole it, but then i think its 20 years old and i paid too much for it.. not sorry at all :banana:

i did have to pull out the factory stereo and re solder some connections so the front speakers would work, its fixed and back in.. i couldn't bring myself to change to aftermarket and ruin the look or clean original, and since i can plug my ipod into it it does what i want it to.. :)

I am still in love with the interior shots.

If it ever comes time for new tires, a set of later model outback/impreza wheels would look amazing on it. Specifically the snowflake wheels or WRX 16"s.

yeah, i gotta put tires on it, they're about shot.. so i'll prolly put some rubber on it this time around, then when i save some $$ get some rex wheels for it..

the price of used cars now is totally rediculous.. i see ea82 wagons around here beat up with 250k original for $1500+ its kinda insane really..