Ultimate Subaru Message Board

88 spfi trouble

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you should have kept a lot of parts if you were junking it, like the wheels, the spfi intake, and other east to remove bits.

Too bad apartment complexes have to be so stupid about cars. I can understand you junked it to keep the landlord off your back, but you would have kept the car if you had somewhere to keep it.

Na i wont junk it unless it breaks in half. And it took me a while to get that lift and those pugs so yea i would't do that. That car would be stripped of any usefull part then sent packing. I had a local member pick it up and take it out to his farm so he can look at it. He has alot more time and experience with these then i do. Plus he has like 3 parts cars so he can try used parts on it to see if he can track down the culprit. No, i didnt junk it but i do still miss it :lol:

On a side note, my wifes brakes in our van failed last night. And i didnt want to ruin the new rotors i put on a few years ago so i worked on it right in the parking lot. I got ***************ed at and i was like, im not leaving any fluids on the ground, im trying to save what good parts are on this and it wont take long. Including the mixup with the parts store it took me an hour to do one side. Yea i dont know why they *************** so much but they do. My subaru is registered with the front office so they know about it, they just dont like it when vehicles dont move or you cant prove they move. There real hardasses here because of all the lowlifes that live here.

Na i wont junk it unless it breaks in half. And it took me a while to get that lift and those pugs so yea i would't do that. That car would be stripped of any usefull part then sent packing. I had a local member pick it up and take it out to his farm so he can look at it. He has alot more time and experience with these then i do. Plus he has like 3 parts cars so he can try used parts on it to see if he can track down the culprit. No, i didnt junk it but i do still miss it :lol:

You mean denis? He may have an ecu for it, if that is what happened. good luck with finding the problem. I have been to that farm several times

• 4 months later...
Still have no idea whats going on. Got the car back with it not repaired, we cant find the problem. I put in a new ecu which promply smoked while trying to start the car. Any direction i could possibly get would be great.

ITYS.

You need to trace down all your engine/ecu wiring to find where your short is.

you'll need the Factory wiring diagram. make a complete list of all the wires you need to check, and start checking them off one by one...

or get a different SPFI harness and ECU...

or convert it to a carby :)