Ultimate Subaru Message Board

88 spfi trouble

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Youll half to show me what your talking about with the exhaust. I posted a message to the goat so hopefully we can get that out of there. If now we can always put it in guido and he can pick it up in des moines. Have you drivein it at all, make sure shes sea worthy captin.

no driving yet. tonight after work :)

AC comp is removed and the 2 big section of hose connected to it.

Needed to add a bit more power steering fluid.

Hit the gravel road just outside of town. 4wd hi and low both work as well as all 5 speeds and reverse.

Haven't done any fine tuning of the weber as its pretty decent right out if the box.

The temp gauge isnt working.

Put a relay in and wired the fan into it so its on all the time. But will be easy to add in a shutoff for it ...

So i guess to kind of sum up this thread. We dont really have any idea on what was wrong. It does run and drive but not with the original engine. Basically we just chocked it up to an electrial gremlin which 6 people could not track down. Id like to thank subymech85, mcbrat, bheinen, and a few others on here who tried to help me track down the problems. I owe most of you more then the vehicle is worth.

Finally got home.

Does the ea81 weigh less then the ea82 because i was breaking traction alot.

McBrat is to kind, there are alot more new parts on this thing then i was made aware of.

that's just the raw unbridaled power of the ea81/weber combo :lol:

Breaking traction and lifting the front end up. I couldnt even keep it on the road, it kept wandering twards the dirt. I had to calm him down, not yet. Need to put it back together alittle more. I can definately hear that wheel bearing now. Lots of stuff to go through and throw away.

Needs the exhaust looked at and gone through, probally need to pick up a new y pipe.

Didnt you say mick a ea82 one will work.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 10 months later...