Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Towing with a Subaru 360 van

Doing more with less. Some say it 'couldn't' be done. Some say it 'shouldn't !' be done. Some people can't believe their eyes. Most people do double takes. Is it really real ? My minuscule mighty mite tow package equipped Subaru 360 van really moves my Messerschmitt. Not quickly, slow but sure. I mapped out a level route unfortunately plagued with trolley track construction. The roads were really torn up and bumpy. My top speed was 35 mph. I find it pretty amazing that a minimalistic motoring 360cc van can move itself + me + trailer + car on on trailer. This is my first venture towing with my Subaru 360 van. ( your results may vary! ). Lots of planning and precaution went into a successful cross town tow. Rain was in the forecast and it delivered. The 29th annual PTW Spring Classic was rainy but still had a good showing. I won no award but did get invited to the prestigious Portland Roadster Show next March.

See you at the GPNW #7 "tow-show". :banana:

Mark

that's pretty sweet. I'm not surprised it could do it, more surprised that you did do it! :rolleyes:

BTW, you were technically breaking the law. That trailer looks wider than the 360. This is a no-no. Get separate mirrors to extend the width of the car to allow you to tow that legally next time.