Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Towing with a Subaru 360 van

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 2stroketurbo

2stroketurbo

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 277 posts
  • City of Roses

Posted 08 May 2011 - 02:50 PM

Doing more with less. Some say it 'couldn't' be done. Some say it 'shouldn't !' be done. Some people can't believe their eyes. Most people do double takes. Is it really real ? My minuscule mighty mite tow package equipped Subaru 360 van really moves my Messerschmitt. Not quickly, slow but sure. I mapped out a level route unfortunately plagued with trolley track construction. The roads were really torn up and bumpy. My top speed was 35 mph. I find it pretty amazing that a minimalistic motoring 360cc van can move itself + me + trailer + car on on trailer. This is my first venture towing with my Subaru 360 van. ( your results may vary! ). Lots of planning and precaution went into a successful cross town tow. Rain was in the forecast and it delivered. The 29th annual PTW Spring Classic was rainy but still had a good showing. I won no award but did get invited to the prestigious Portland Roadster Show next March.

See you at the GPNW #7 "tow-show". :banana:

Mark

#2 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the

• Members
  • 17,567 posts
  • Long Island NY

Posted 08 May 2011 - 04:51 PM

Under powered under braked and not made for it. I would not do it to a old small car i really liked.

#3 Idasho

Idasho

Lost in the woods....

• Members
  • 959 posts
  • North ID

Posted 08 May 2011 - 04:55 PM

Very cool thanks for posting! :)

Certainly not something Id do every day. But for a local trip to a hot rod show. Hells yes! :banana:

#4 Zefy

Zefy

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,170 posts
  • Coquitlam B.C. Canada

Posted 08 May 2011 - 11:52 PM

that's pretty sweet. I'm not surprised it could do it, more surprised that you did do it! :rolleyes:

BTW, you were technically breaking the law. That trailer looks wider than the 360. This is a no-no. Get separate mirrors to extend the width of the car to allow you to tow that legally next time.

#5 2stroketurbo

2stroketurbo

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 277 posts
  • City of Roses

Posted 09 May 2011 - 04:33 PM

Thanks guys. No harm done.

Blew a few minds is all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users