Ultimate Subaru Message Board

GTB 1997 - Problem with ecu to blowoff valve vacuum hose

Hey guys this is my first post and I'm not really onto it when it comes to cars. I know a small amount. The problem is my car won't start (lol). I really have no idea so I will try and give you guys as many details as possible.

Recent problems:

- have replaced the radiator like a month ago because it started leaking. didnt really get around to using proper coolant, planned to flush the water out and replace it later but never got around to it and its been about a month. zzz

- replaced the starter motor around the same time but when I was putting the top mount back on i bumped the vacuum hose that runs from the ecu to the top of the blow off valve(?) on the drivers side. Where the pipe connects into the tubey black plastic looking thing it was very brittle and the pipe snapped off at the bottom. So before I started my car I got some araldite epoxy glue and glued it back on and let it sit for 12 hours. The pipe stayed on like that all good and my car had no troubles at all.

- My drivers side rocker cover is leaking down the bottom and slowly drips oil onto the exhaust manifold and every few days sends oily smoke up through the cracks in my bonnet.

Now last night I went for a drive and pulled up at the super market/gas station. Let the turbo timer turn the car off. Went to the super market for five minutes then came out and went to start my car, it coughed and spluttered for maybe 10 seconds then died. Tried to start it again and it coughed again then died after maybe 5 seconds. Pushed my car over to the gas station and put 20 bucks gas in it cos it was really empty and thought it might of been that. Didnt help at all. Opened the hood and noticed that the vacuum pipe had come off. I have tried getting a friend to hold it on tightly with tape while I try start the car but no luck. I also went home and got some temporary air seal plumber glue stuff and that didnt work either. Is this even the reason the car wont turn on?

Any help would be much appreciated guys.

The car up until then (Subaru Legacy GTB EJ20 1997) has run MINT. The engine sounds fine and never misses, the turbos work etc.