Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hmmmm, didn't think about camping, but that'd be cool.

I have no idea for dates, as my schedule is still a mess and a nightmare.

Somebody just name a date and we'll see if it's viable.

June 11th. Second Saturday in June, would make for a warm enough night and is pretty safe weather wise.

Idk if I'll make it over or not, depends on if I get any jobs soon or not.

Blue wagon would be a light rally vehicle, BRAT would take just about any hell we throw at it.

Those are my vehicle choices.

Lets make a tally of those who are going for Rally and those who are going 4 wheelin'.

I'm most likely going to be Rally.

Please, pipe up with whatever idea's you've got.

Twitch

PS: Driver List:

Twitch- Rally/light 4 wheel

GWAL- Rally/light 1 wheel?

CChic- Rally/light 4 wheel?

TWSS- Gnarly Offroad?

yeah I figured camping one night would be easier for those coming from places like Orient and Elk, WA and whatnot. and as you know I jump at every opportunity to camp that I possibly can. as for June 11. well we've already had 1 person say they cant that day so how about June 18th? that gives everyone a few weeks to get their cars in order...

and what do you mean by light rally 1 wheel?? are you making fun of "Rook"?? :-p

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, in the driver category, I think I might have the edge.

I've rallied those roads before.

Also, having a lightweight car makes a HUGE difference in traction.

Not to mention I have loads more control over the tires with a manual and

manual steering.

I get direct feedback where as you've got a couple of "nanny" devices

between you and the road.

Also, look at peak power.

I get my power soooo much quicker than you do.

Peak torque at 2400 rpm, you get it at 4000 rpm.

My power band is ending as yours is just beginning.

If mine hits 5k its running out of breath, but yours will have to keep pushing

to peak out the HP.

But we'll see.

Twitch

PS: Mine's tail happy, what's yours? ;)

I can keep it in the powerband. ;)

Mine plows a bit unless i whip it hard. Then the tail stays out as far as I want for as long as I want. It's actually a super easy car to drive in low-traction situations (or maybe I'm just used to it after putting 80k miles on the car)

I may be potentially in....but I don't know about the whole rally thing( as far as the BRAT)...If I was gonna rally something it would be the lego with my bald as hell tires..er I mean my racing slicks.

I really don't think I am up to rallying the BRAT...considering I am doing a stock resto on it, save for a few custom mods. Now if my sons BRAT was up an running I would rally the crap out of it.

I may be potentially in....but I don't know about the whole rally thing( as far as the BRAT)...If I was gonna rally something it would be the lego with my bald as hell tires..er I mean my racing slicks.

I really don't think I am up to rallying the BRAT...considering I am doing a stock resto on it, save for a few custom mods. Now if my sons BRAT was up an running I would rally the crap out of it.

Yeah...my Outback sucks at rallying, anyway. ha ha.

BTW, I think I see your GL pretty regularly, Mugs (do you live in Browne's Addition, per chance?). I am jealous of it every time I lay eyes upon it.

Now when I say rally, it's not like we're doing 80-90mph down tree lined forest service roads.

Only if you want to do, would you go that fast.

I wouldn't recommend it as the road is very tight and windy with the occasional washboarded corner.

This will be point to point or just fun running out there. We'll have to keep tabs on who's out and about to keep the rangers happy and keep people from getting hurt.

My top speed on these roads has been 45 in the BRAT and that was scary enough.

If we get a fire pit set up we can have a social area for those who don't want drive or need some time to rest.

Riding passenger is scary as it gets sometimes ;)

And yes, fuel depending, I will give insanity rides in the BRAT ;)

I know a few areas with some small jumps and nice safe driftable corners.

Twitch

Yeah...my Outback sucks at rallying, anyway. ha ha.

BTW, I think I see your GL pretty regularly, Mugs (do you live in Browne's Addition, per chance?). I am jealous of it every time I lay eyes upon it.

Actually that is Baccaruda's wagon...mine was Bigger and Meaner :lol: no seriously it was. I had to sell it last July. A forum member (who never really comes on much) from Salem bought it and drove it all the way down there. Man I miss that thing. Oh well some day I'll have another one of its equivalent. I know most don't like the EA82 body style but I actually do.

I would like to find an ol' school wagon or hatch and do another build like that, but I need to make myself more gainfully employed right now. Make it my winter bomber mobile. Crap I have an 03 EJ25 just sitting in my garage, and a complete with wiring harness 95 EJ22 as well...but I need to stop driving it first...which means I need to pick up something else first. I am on the hunt for an impy/OTB sport wagon.

I apologize in advance if I get anyone's stuff/car/truck/person dirty in my hoonage.

I will do my best to wash you/your stuff off if you want me to :-p

Remember, if anyone wets themselves or soils themselves in the BRAT, they must clean the seat thoroughly!

It's a two way street :-p

3 point seatbelts are the only belts available.

Anyway, the 18th sounds good.

It gives people another week and me more time to fix stuff.

Hope to see y'all up on the trails.

We should meet at the Hayden Super1.

It's on the corner of Hayden Ave and highway 95.

Big place, easy to find, easy to get to.

Twitch

There's a good chance I'll just have to meet ya'll up there later... I have school till 4 and I'm guessing you will want to get started earlier than that... I think I'm familiar enough with the roads we're talking about to be able to find a big ol' group of rednecks drivin' Subaru's and playin' in the dirt. :grin: Perhaps we could plan a 5 o' clock rendezvous at the junction up there.

I went up that way today - finally got my tires and insurance on my car. :grin:

Here's current conditions...

0524111459a.jpg

0524111458a.jpg

0524111503.jpg

This is at the junction of the two forest roads. I don't remember there usually being grass in that area to the right... am I correct or does my memory fail me? Of course I'm not sure I've been up there this early in the year either... the river or creek that runs next to this is REALLY high right now.

That's where I was hoping we could go to. :banana:

Awesome area for people who want play in the mud, or climb some hills or just

rally around in their cars.

No, the grass isn't usually there.

I've been up there all times of the year and that isn't a normal grassy area.

Then again, there are usually more tracks through there than that.

Twitch

Yeah I figure after this weekend it will be more torn up. I'm just hoping we don't hit a lot of traffic when we go up there.... I noticed there were some signs that said no camping on the main road but I'm sure that once you get up farther (like from this point onward I would suppose) they don't care as much. Twitch, you would know better than I if rangers check out this area often or not... or if its allowed beyond a certain point perhaps? Because I know you can take this road to bumblebee so it must change somewhere...

Yeah I figure after this weekend it will be more torn up. I'm just hoping we don't hit a lot of traffic when we go up there.... I noticed there were some signs that said no camping on the main road but I'm sure that once you get up farther (like from this point onward I would suppose) they don't care as much. Twitch, you would know better than I if rangers check out this area often or not... or if its allowed beyond a certain point perhaps? Because I know you can take this road to bumblebee so it must change somewhere...

It actually doesn't change until you hit bumble bee :-\

But if we meander far enough off of the main roads I don't think they'd care. There are a few off roads we could hit up for camping.

Since it will be later in the year, everything will be more tore up.

Rangers don't really go out there too often except in winter and on holiday

weekends.

If we avoid the main areas and find little spots to stash our rigs they

shouldn't have too much to say to us.

We will need at least 1 bucket and a shovel though, possibly an axe as well.

I have a travel shovel that will do and I can get a bucket easy, but it'd be

nice if somebody else brought one too :)

Anyway, lets keep this thing rolling!

If I can get up there soon I'll snap some shot of potential campgrounds.

Twitch

It actually doesn't change until you hit bumble bee :-\

But if we meander far enough off of the main roads I don't think they'd care. There are a few off roads we could hit up for camping.

Since it will be later in the year, everything will be more tore up.

Rangers don't really go out there too often except in winter and on holiday

weekends.

If we avoid the main areas and find little spots to stash our rigs they

shouldn't have too much to say to us.

We will need at least 1 bucket and a shovel though, possibly an axe as well.

I have a travel shovel that will do and I can get a bucket easy, but it'd be

nice if somebody else brought one too :)

Anyway, lets keep this thing rolling!

If I can get up there soon I'll snap some shot of potential campgrounds.

Twitch

Yeah there were plenty of little offshoots along the way and I didn't even get past the junction... its a good thing I went up there again because I took the wrong road at first! :rolleyes: oops.

I thought about going into the grassy area but I figured since I didn't have anyone to get me unstuck and I didn't know how deep those puddles were, that it'd be best not to... lol

I can get my hands on a bucket, shovel AND axe no problem.

Next time I head up I'll keep an eye out as well. :)

rather a Sunday then for me.

If we do camp we can do valve jobs in the morning for anyone who brought gaskets...and a drain pan incase of oil...

Of course we can also make morning breakfast bread and pancakes...

Expecting cries of, "Bacon, Bacon, Bacon"...... :)

I'm up for all of it..but I have work scheduling to work around..

oh if this turns into camping I'd rather know before hand so I can bring tequila, firewood and food.

We are already expecting to be camping :)

Depending on weather, we may have enough firewood around there to use.

But some extra wouldn't hurt.

Now, just as a reminder, we're trying to keep this family friendly, so we don't want any drunken episodes.

So please, keep booze below the tipping point.

Also, would it work for a saturday into sunday deal?

Because we were hoping for a saturday day run, camp over night, and do whatever sunday until people had to leave :)

If that includes some hoonage, so be it ;)

And if you bring bacon, you don't need a tent or a bed, cuz I've got a spare in mine :D

Hell, you can sleep on mine and I'll take the ground if you bring bacon. :banana:

Anyway, that's what we're hoping to do.

My schedule may change because of work, I may not be able to make it out there until late, or I might have the whole day, just depends.

Twitch