Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Fitting the EA81 twin headlights to a EA82 model

guyph_01

Hi guys,

I've seen a few pics of cars with this done and i was wandering if someone did a write up on how do do it. I've got the parts but i'm not to sure how much cutting, drilling etc is needed. What needs to be done to the side indicators etc???

Like on those: sry if i used you cars pic:)

002uv.jpg

49396233771d16b8f743z.jpg

Also, i was wandering once its done, how do you make sure the angle of the lights are rite for driving.

Any info would greatly be appreciated.

Thx

These are infacr ea82 headlights, but for the DL trim models. The bezels and marker lites are specific to ea82 dl, and the wiring for the lights will have to be spliced in for the quad light setup.

Here is a trick: the headlight buckets themselves behind the bezels are ea81 and ea82 the same. you can source the buckets and bulbs from an ea81, and then ask someone on the forums for a set of DL bezels, unless you actually find a DL for parts.

someone may want to convert the DL to GL lights, leaving take-offs.

I, myself, am looking to do DL headlights on my 86 3door runabout wiht yellow tint lights

From my understanding, since you allready have the quad lights for an ea81, all you need are the bezels from an 85+ DL(quad light)which hold your headlight in, and the wireing from an ea81 with 4 lights that plug into your 4 ea81 lights, then you will need to splice in the ea81 4 plug wiring to the ea82 GL(plastic lights)which only has 2 plugs. 1 per light. Make sense?