Ultimate Subaru Message Board

working on my 79 brat... need advise

hello,

i have a 79 brat that i got a long while ago but i don't have my licence yet so i have been doing work on it. it has a brand new clutch, dizzy cap, rotor, machined flywheel, park plugs and leeds... all of those things gave me more power then when i bought the car but i could still og for more power...

i was thinking about a weber carb, maybe new exaust or something but i wasn't sure about what exactly to get???

i would like to keep it as stock as possible(or at least appear stock).

my speedo doesn't work and normally i wouldn't care but this is an american car and i had to bring it up to Canada. so i have to get it inspected to make sure it is road-worthy. so it has to work. it worked when i bought the car and i took apart the tranny to replace a seal and i think i might have missed something.:eek:

is there something special about the speedo cable to reinstall it? if not and i just screwed it up i was thinking that i could get a seperate speedo and put it on the dash... but how would i install it?

thanks for your help