Ultimate Subaru Message Board

14" tires way hard to find!!!!

at least in a 215/70R14

pretty much a BFG Radial TA, or a Firestone Firehawk Indy 500...

a few other brands, but pickens is slim...

so I picked up some 15's with decent front tires (will have to replace rear tires) as a temp solution until I get my 15" Rally II's painted...

15-wheels.JPG

at least in a 215/70R14

pretty much a BFG Radial TA, or a Firestone Firehawk Indy 500...

a few other brands, but pickens is slim...

so I picked up some 15's with decent front tires (will have to replace rear tires) as a temp solution until I get my 15" Rally II's painted...

Yeah, I hear ya.

14" is the new 13".

Good luck finding a 13" in anything other than summer and snow, if you can even find those...

If you could handle a bigger size, Grabbers still come in 27x8.5 R14.

But that's if you wanted bigger.

Not sure who else has a decent tire in 14" any more.

Twitch

Kumho! The tires we used 20 years ago are still being produced and sold, just not in the US anymore... Therefore not DOT legal. But their manufacturers also sell us tires, and there is still a tiny market they are willing to cater to.

About a year, year and a half ago I needed daily, streetable all-season tires. I chose the factory EA81T size, 185/70/13, out of stubborness. Kumho was the only real contender, of the handfull of tires I found in the size.

I would wager that for commuter tires, Kumho will have a useable size. They make pretty good tires to boot.

Edited by carfreak85

getting new 15s for the above wheels today hopfully... looked up the reciepts for the Eagle ST's on the 'bird now.... 1990! the tires are 21 years old!

And I just replaced the 22 year old battery!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

yeah, I ended up going with 15's. I was searching for tires for my Firebird. I ended up with a set of Primewell Sport PS860. I wanted white letter tires, and was shooting for the BFGs, but everyplace I looked they were backordered...

then the 15x7 Outlaw wheels I got had too little backspacing, and the right front rubbed. went to the 15x7 Pontiac Rally II's and the fit perfectly...