Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hello subaru peeps, officially!

I joined up here a couple of months ago and now that I've finally landed my Brat and drove it back from LA a few weeks ago, I guess I finally feel like I can be part of the club now so to speak!

I currently live in Illinois, but I'm originally from Wisconsin. I owned a red 1985 5 Speed Brat back in college, tan interior, white bush bar & roll bar with a custom made tan tonneau cover, when I sold it in 95' it only had 78,000 miles on it and was in mint condition, the darn thing looked like it could've driven right off the front of the radio controlled Tamiya model kit box, I wonder if anybody in the Wisconsin Chapter currently has it.

Well, needless to say I started to get the itch once again for one and so my search began — news paper, Ebay and finally Craigslist which is where I landed the little gem that pictured below! When I saw it, I knew it was the one for me, I was like man, if Mad Max drove a Subaru Brat, that's probably how it would look, lol! It's a 1982 with only 125,000 miles on it and a working cyclops headlight that I picked up for $3,000. Anyway, Blah! Blah! Blah! Good to be here and enjoy the pics.

All The Best,

Eric

last-few-fett-gems-dscn1239.jpg-53314d1306127112

last-few-fett-gems-dscn1244.jpg-53316d1306127287

last-few-fett-gems-dscn1266.jpg-53315d1306127276

last-few-fett-gems-dscn1258.jpg-53317d1306127302

last-few-fett-gems-dscn1257.jpg-53318d1306127316

last-few-fett-gems-dscn1240.jpg-53319d1306127328

last-few-fett-gems-dscn1263.jpg-53320d1306127341

last-few-fett-gems-dscn1238.jpg-53321d1306127352

Edited by BuckarooBanzai
Add Photos

nice

to upload pics it must be on a site already (like photobucket which is free). You then go to that site, and click on the image and click the image to "copy image address" right click

Then go to the USMB thread, and click the "insert image" icon looks like mountain with a sun, and then paste.

submit. hope that is right.

did you talk to the guy at Subaru Heaven yet? You can pm after 10 posts on here

Edited by bheinen74

Man that is one clean and shiny BRAT...welcome to the club....

If I am not mistaken (someone correct me if I am wrong) I think BRAT's only came in a 4pd...especially in 1985....the only way it may of had a 5sp is if someone did a swap...which many of us do here on the forum. If that is the case I'll shut up now.

Man that is one clean and shiny BRAT...welcome to the club....

If I am not mistaken (someone correct me if I am wrong) I think BRAT's only came in a 4pd...especially in 1985....the only way it may of had a 5sp is if someone did a swap...which many of us do here on the forum. If that is the case I'll shut up now.

You are correct. U.S. BRAT's only came with 4WD 4-speed transmissions.

• 3 months later...
Why no pics of the passenger side? :confused:

I was stopping off the side of the freeways on the way back home from picking it up in LA and was trying to paint a picture of what I thought felt like a MAD MAX BRAT out in the wasteland, taking a picture from the passenger side would of captured a much less interesting shot of the freeway and completely blown the illusion. Trust me though, it's just a nice as the driver's side, lol!

Thanks everyone for the compliments, I have to say I'm really happy with it and in my obsessive compulsive way have taken it even further over the last several months and will definitely post pictures once it's complete! :brow: It's also funny how many people don't know what it is especially without the BRAT decal on the cab, but they still really dig it just the same, I also happened to received a sixth offer to buy it off me just last week... NO SALE!!! :D

:headbang: