Ultimate Subaru Message Board

another air ride ?

weird,the rump roast end of my wagon is waaaay up in the air,the switch on the dash isnt doing anything and i havent heard th compressor kick in all day

Experts,please guide me!

(fuse is good and there is power at the compressor)

air suspension can be wierd.

we took the battery out to service the front of the motor, and we let it down off the jack, the car was way flatin front

when we put the battery back in, the car was going up and down on the front driver side, it would go don when you hit the HIGHT button, but up when off.

maybe it was in some sort of calibration mode? i lo0ked it up and it says ther is a height sensor inthe strut, and a valve, ...anyway it quit and is back to normal

jim says they will load it down 200 pounds, they unload it and then it has the STINKBUG POSTURE. but it settles, probably when the key comes back on

Qman,if I had a bad height sensor,wouldnt one strut be affected?BTW this happened after my dogs were in the back today(250 lbs)and I had done nothing to the car but drive it.I tried to dump the air bags but the switch did nothing,disconnected the switch and pulled the fuse,still nothing.Is there a relay set somewhere,my childrens book has next to no info on this system.Apparently we aint smart enough to work on them fancy air systems!

If you remove the left front wheel, and pull the wheel well liner down, you can get to the compressor. Carefully remove the middle line from the cluster of 5, on the end of the air drier. I think that will dump the air that is in the tank. You may need to switch on the ignition after you do so.

Dumping the air in the tank, should at least get the compressor to come on, to make sure it's all right.

With the middle line disconnected, you should be able to apply 12 volts accross the terminals of the valves on the rear shocks, and get them to open and let down. Try not to let them down too far, in case the system dosen't recover afterwards.

Hopefully, that will reset everything.

Try this at your own risk, as I don't have the book infront of me, and I'm pulling this all from memory. But from my fairly good understanding of how the system works, this should at least get the rump roast lower.

RedLance