Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New to Subaru's in general

Hey everyone, I am planning on being a first time Subaru buyer in the very near future. I have a close friend of mine who has had a Subaru WRX STI and I have fallen in love with the cars ever since. I am currently looking for an 02 or 03 WRX... I love the rounded headlights...

My question to you gentlemen is, how many miles is too much for a first time buyer? For ex: I am currently looking at a silver 02 WRX with 128K... Is that too many miles to buy? The car itself is in GREAT condition, and I have heard that Subaru's in general tend to last a long time if you take care of them. Just wanted to get some opinions from people who know and live by Subaru's.

Thanks,

-THE NEW GUY....

Miles don't kill them.

Abuse and neglect does.

And a WRX is high on both of those lists usually.

Welcome aboard. This may not be the best site for WRX stuff, but is the best site for serious help and suggestions that I've found.

I do believe some regulars have WRX's.

Asking price has a major effect on whether it's worth it or not.

I sell Outbacks with higher miles than that for decent money after I've redone them.

But Outbacks don't typically get abused. And often the only real neglect is denial about a HG issue.

Usual stupid stuff. Are all tires the same size, if you turn sharp does it have torque bind, look for fluid leaks, evidence of recent repairs, etc.

I'm hardly a WRX expert so hopefully folks that know them better than I will comment. But miles alone on a Subaru don't mean much in my opinion, but it does effect price.