Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

new hear and to subaru

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 4play

4play

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • southeast idaho

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:11 AM

Hellow to every one, I found this place wile looking for info on a subaru that I just bot it is a 98 forester so far a good little car but i do have questions I will try to ask in the right place thanks.

#2 MilesFox

MilesFox

Catch this Fox!

• Members
  • 10,534 posts
  • Madison/Milwaukee, WI

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:15 AM

The forester has the ej25d engine. use that for your search terms. The trans is called a 4eat, if you want to read about how it functions.

The forester is basically an impreza with a taller roof and taller suspension.

You definitely found the right website for all of your subaru needs:banana:

#3 jonas

jonas

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 1,024 posts
  • Oakridge

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:21 AM

Hello.

#4 4play

4play

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • southeast idaho

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:29 AM

thanks for the welcome and info,I know it is a 2.5 twin cam it has 146tho on it and it had blown head gasket when we got it, but the price was right.

#5 92_rugby_subie

92_rugby_subie

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,990 posts
  • Hillsboro OR

Posted 30 May 2011 - 02:43 PM

Put EJ22 heads on it when you do the headgaskets :grin:

Frankenmotors pop out about 180hp I believe. And all you have to do is swap the heads

#6 4play

4play

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • southeast idaho

Posted 30 May 2011 - 04:37 PM

please tell me more.can I put 2.2 heads on a twin cam moter?

#7 92_rugby_subie

92_rugby_subie

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,990 posts
  • Hillsboro OR

Posted 30 May 2011 - 08:00 PM

http://www.ultimates...ht=frankenmotor

#8 obk25xt

obk25xt

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • La Center, WA

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:37 PM

Put EJ22 heads on it when you do the headgaskets :grin:

Frankenmotors pop out about 180hp I believe. And all you have to do is swap the heads

This is not "all you have to do" to install said frankenmotor into said forester.

please tell me more.can I put 2.2 heads on a twin cam moter?

They will bolt on, yes. To successfully run the frankenmotor setup you will have to be using the engine management system that goes along with the heads to begin with. I do not need to go into depth here about it. Do some homework and a reasonable amount of research will net you more info than you will need. The post above by rugby boy is less than a half truth, I do not claim to know everything, but do know there is more to it than slapping different heads on you car that do not interface with the rest of the intake/exhaust/management system.....

Welcome to the forum!!!!

Spencer

#9 92_rugby_subie

92_rugby_subie

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,990 posts
  • Hillsboro OR

Posted 31 May 2011 - 12:20 AM

I know that ^

Thats why I posted the other link for some more information on the frankenmotor.. GD has some good posts in there.

I wish it was that easy :( Even EJ25 to Frankenmotor isnt easy... let alone Ned to Frankenmotor (EA82-Frankenmotor)

#10 4play

4play

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • southeast idaho

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

I have not posted hear in a long time, been working on a 88 wagon. but this weekend we went it saltlake to see family we took the 98 forester,it now has imprest me once agine,it is 450 miles round trip 31 miles to the gallon on the freeway,on the way home hit the worst snow I seen in a long time,but this allweal drife is awson in 8 inches of snow, just have to say I love this car.:headbang:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users