Ultimate Subaru Message Board

new hear and to subaru

Hellow to every one, I found this place wile looking for info on a subaru that I just bot it is a 98 forester so far a good little car but i do have questions I will try to ask in the right place thanks.

The forester has the ej25d engine. use that for your search terms. The trans is called a 4eat, if you want to read about how it functions.

The forester is basically an impreza with a taller roof and taller suspension.

You definitely found the right website for all of your subaru needs:banana:

Put EJ22 heads on it when you do the headgaskets :grin:

Frankenmotors pop out about 180hp I believe. And all you have to do is swap the heads

This is not "all you have to do" to install said frankenmotor into said forester.

please tell me more.can I put 2.2 heads on a twin cam moter?

They will bolt on, yes. To successfully run the frankenmotor setup you will have to be using the engine management system that goes along with the heads to begin with. I do not need to go into depth here about it. Do some homework and a reasonable amount of research will net you more info than you will need. The post above by rugby boy is less than a half truth, I do not claim to know everything, but do know there is more to it than slapping different heads on you car that do not interface with the rest of the intake/exhaust/management system.....

Welcome to the forum!!!!

Spencer

• 1 year later...

I have not posted hear in a long time, been working on a 88 wagon. but this weekend we went it saltlake to see family we took the 98 forester,it now has imprest me once agine,it is 450 miles round trip 31 miles to the gallon on the freeway,on the way home hit the worst snow I seen in a long time,but this allweal drife is awson in 8 inches of snow, just have to say I love this car.:headbang: