Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subaru motor in Indy car racing league??

Rooster2

Starting in 2012, Indy car racing league is going to a 2.5 cc with turbo racing formula for their engines. How great it would be if Subaru would enter their engines. With all the engine work poured into rally cars, I gotta think it would not take that much work to product an Indy car competitive motor.

I hope someone in SOA management reads this, to give this idea some consideration. This would be a tremendous way to advertise Subaru to the public.

four cylinders are better than 12. can you say coloni?

The IRL has mandated that the new 2.5 motor entries either be 4 or 6 cylinder with turbos.

Any SOA management out there willing to comment on possibly entering the IRL next year with a power plant??

What i am saying is subaru entered f-1 with a coloni designed 12 cylinder and failed miserably

Okay, I learned that coloni is a motor designer company. People and companies fail at endeavors all the time. That is normal. I still think Subaru could produce a competitive engine. The IRL engine designs are much less technical then F-1 designs, and more along the line of stock block designs. Lotus is a very small company, that will be offering an IRL motor next year. Love to see Subaru offer an engine too.

• 4 months later...