Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Dirt Cheap Rally - A NEW Way To Thrash On $500 Race Cars

Dirt Cheap Rall

Hey USMB! I have (personally) been a member here for years to support my 85 Hatch (recent moved on to an enthusiastic 17 year old). However, this is something different - after years of road racing and a stint organizing $500 car road racing, I'm starting my own off-road racing series for $500 cars. Many of the early 2WD Imprezas and old GL cars would be PERFECT. Anyway, here's my spiel:

I've just started Dirt Cheap Rally, a new racing series for $500 race cars.*** It's affordable, off-road, wheel-to-wheel endurance racing.*** The same cars you'd use for LeMons or Chump, only on gravel and dirt!*** The rules are a little different of course, but most of the cars that race with those guys should be able to come play in the dirt with us!*** We're hoping to offer an option somewhere between RallyX and full stage rally that most people can afford.

We've got two west-coast tracks set up for 2011, and I'm working on a few more.*** Come take a look at the web site (dirtcheaprally.com), the rules, the events and join us for a race!*** You can leave comments here and I'll try to get back and reply, or join our forum there and I'm sure to see them right away.*** You can also email me any questions you have at erik@dirtcheaprally.com.

Edited by Qman

i like the way you think. this sounds like it would be a blast.

this is something that i would love to see come to the east coast. there are a few places out here that would be great for this type of racing.

good luck with this, i want to see it become huge!

• 3 months later...
What ever happened with this. It sounds like a great Idea. except for the old subbie population will be dwindling. Bust out the Geos first

Did you go to their website and look?

And over here on the west side theres plenty of old Subaru's to bash up.

But I dont plan on racing in a event where it costs more than the car :rolleyes: