Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Show me your Subaru Gold

I am considering painting a gold color as a 2-tone on the bottom half of my 86 3door.

The car is root beer brown color, paing code #569, PPG "Crest Brown Metallic"

I am looking for picures of your subarus in their factory gold colors, anything like a loyale rx with gold badges and gold 'chrome', and also, any pictures of bbs gold wheels, or anyones gold painted wheels with whatever flavor op paint/duplicolor/rustoleum.

I would also like to know what paint codes you have on your gold soobs, or what brand/color of paint that anyone has pinted gold on their cars.

I like the idea of gold, i think it would go well with the brown, and update the look of the car like the outbacks have. I am just afraid of what ghetto chrome gold may look like, and i am thinking of a factory paint gold, or something more towards a bronze color.

Opinions? Perhaps another color instead?

IMG_0127.JPG

Edited by MilesFox

I am wondering what shade of Gold this is:

#393 Astral Gold Metallic 1985

I don't think the gold will update the look of the car, as Brown and Gold were basiclly '70s colors. It will still add to the car I think, but not in the updated apperance way.

i meant updated like the outbacks are, with the champagne color on the lower half. I painted a burgundy loyale sedan this way, and it looked less like an older model. i painted the wheel arches too. but tis time, i would like to keep it below the wheel arches.

2sedans03.JPG

This was a rustoleum gold color if i remomber correctly. It may be duplicolor. This was some 6 years and 20 subarus ago

Hey Miles,

I don't have a Subaru painted like this yet:

sucp_0109_10_z+smokey_yunicks_1966_chevelle+rear_v%20%20iew.jpg

But I want one. Darker bottom, lighter top. I do have a '82 Chevy Beauville. It has darker brown at the windows. They are all factory tint and darker tint all around.

The bottom strip is metallic brown ish. Next, going up is Cream at the hood line. The at the window level, that brown. The top of the van is cream.

These are what I like. The van, that paint was optional custom two tone. I drove it off the showroom floor when new. It was sweet:)

Doug

Miles - if you can get me a good, clear picture of your 3 door i can photoshop up some mock ups for you to get an idea of what it would look like with different configurations...the larger the file size the better too...

Fox, Go deebo Desmonds DSLR as he doesn't need it anymore :D

Question for you, when you do paint the bottom another color, you are gonna clear coat it so its got a showroom shine, right?

my plan was to touch up the brown on the wheel arches with what i have left of the brown paint. Then paint gold on the bottom and rx body kit. Then clearcoat the sides, if not the whole car. The roof definitely needs re-clered

Interesting. But this ain't gold... This car is Mica Ruby originally. I like it. Repaint the top side with that then fade to the lower Black Mica. What I might do with what I've got.

picture.php?albumid=285&pictureid=3124

Best I can do with the software I have to illistrate.

picture.php?albumid=285&pictureid=3125

Edited by Quidam

the only Gen1 Gold paint code was code 58 Saffron Gold Metallic. I've got the paint chips... I think the lighting is playing into the color on your pics, but the actual color is a lot closer to your pic than the gen1 brat I posted... that color really seemed to fade badly....

I like this color gold

Can anyone make out the paint code?

RU04.jpg

Thats my GL

Astral Beige Metallic is the color name. Some places call it Astral Gold. Color code 393

I really dig the color. Pretty classy for such an silly, ugly, retro ride :eek:

RU05.jpg

• 3 years later...